datsun 620 locked rear

Zfighter76

i wanted to get a locked diff to limit chances of the welds snapping and turning my diff housing into a grenade... i will be drifting at shows due to the fact its a full oem resto project minus the motor and tranny. but im swapping in the stock shifter to the ka tranny if possible if not im getting one similar to it that can accept the stock knob. i want it to look bone stock but be able to perform.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I am sorry for not replying sooner. I am still a newby to ratsun.  I just pulled my detroit locker from my truck. It is a direct bolt in. The drop outis an aluminim carrier with a detroit locker with 4.625 ring and pinion mounted.  The gears are noisy.  They were not set up correct.  The carrier and locker are fine. It is a 29 spline locker which fits my 1976 620 truck.  My research says it is an Detriot #187S-21A or a NISMO #M-99996-T3011.  I have read threads that say this fits the H190 diff.

A welded diff? It's only a matter of time before you get in trouble with one. Knowing they are unpredictable won't save you from one.

If you have had a few close calls with one I guarantee you wouldn't have with a proper LSD. You weren't skillful, only lucky.

• Like 1

A welded diff? It's only a matter of time before you get in trouble with one. Knowing they are unpredictable won't save you from one.

If you have had a few close calls with one I guarantee you wouldn't have with a proper LSD. You weren't skillful, only lucky.

Amen to that!

Correct. And the Summit racing link is known as a spool, not a locker. LSD, Positraction, suregrip, ect, are for street driven vehicles. Spools, not so much. Break an axle with a locked diff and you will be sent quickly one direction or the other.

I have run welded diffs and spools on the street. But I'm stupid and crazy. If you find where you can get a spool for an H190 diff, please PM me.

look under phantom grip for a cheap lunchbox locker

phantomgrip.com has datsuns listed.

call it good

These lunch box lockers might be ok on a solid axle diff.

On the IRS these I hear are not that great but might be better than welding so at least you can make tight turns it will rachet/click

let us know if these are anygood. with is being wet around here be helpful to have a extra wheel to push

• 4 weeks later...