datsun 620 locked rear

Zfighter76

Yeah and my truck was the same. Picked it up out if a field. They are getting harder and harder to find. So when I personally hear about one being beat to death it kinda urks me. But her we are comparing enthusiast to owner here. Little time and work and it wouldn't be a pile if rust. Truck is only asone shitty asdeal you leave it. Do what you want though its your truck. Just voicing my opinion.

and my comments werent aimed toward you because yours werent rude, but i cant afford to fix the body anyways. everything i do is borrowed traded or bargained for. i drained every cent i have into this truck. and i wont beat it to death, i will just drive it, in a spirited manner.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 day swap ain't no big deal lol. We swapped my motor in 2 days with hardly any tools, no cherry pickee, using a Datsun 521 bed for a beWnch in the middle of a field during the canby 2011 car show. So ratsun loll pics in my progress thread in the sig. Anyways, again ur truck do what u want. All I know is I don't.wanna be on the road by you when ur ass end breaks loose and u slam into my car endangering me or my family. On account ur trying to be a mad tyyyyyte dori dori dirifto in a (getting) rare 30+ year old truck.treat her good and she will return the favor

Welded diffs suck to drive and they are A nigger (no offense to darker brothers lol)rigged way of doing things u want a drift trick buuild one. Don't beat to shit a perfectly good stock one. Go all out ir don't go. I see no point in getting a truck sideways likethat. The stock leafspring blocked static droped thing ur driving ain't made to do it. If u had some turbo sr under the hood, converted to independent suspension and say A lsd in the back u wouldn't year a peep from me. Doing the way u are? Is just beating the truck to death. Come to my thread and shit all I want all over it I don't give a fuck. If u have a legitimate cause or complaint. I will either tell u to fuck off or take if into consideration and consider my options. I suggest u do the same. Not a ring a dick, being realistic. Any way looks like good start. Mar pics is always better. Distracts me from ranting. Lololol

Not being rude. Really.

All I was saying is that welding the rear is just dangerous as all shit...

...and irresponsible.

and i agree its irresponsible, but you were being rude, you called me a dumbass... is that not rude?

4 day swap ain't no big deal lol. We swapped my motor in 2 days with hardly any tools, no cherry pickee, using a Datsun 521 bed for a beWnch in the middle of a field during the canby 2011 car show. So ratsun loll pics in my progress thread in the sig. Anyways, again ur truck do what u want. All I know is I don't.wanna be on the road by you when ur ass end breaks loose and u slam into my car endangering me or my family. On account ur trying to be a mad tyyyyyte dori dori dirifto in a (getting) rare 30+ year old truck.treat her good and she will return the favor

Welded diffs suck to drive and they are A nigger (no offense to darker brothers lol)rigged way of doing things u want a drift trick buuild one. Don't beat to shit a perfectly good stock one. Go all out ir don't go. I see no point in getting a truck sideways likethat. The stock leafspring blocked static droped thing ur driving ain't made to do it. If u had some turbo sr under the hood, converted to independent suspension and say A lsd in the back u wouldn't year a peep from me. Doing the way u are? Is just beating the truck to death. Come to my thread and shit all I want all over it I don't give a fuck. If u have a legitimate cause or complaint. I will either tell u to fuck off or take if into consideration and consider my options. I suggest u do the same. Not a ring a dick, being realistic. Any way looks like good start. Mar pics is always better. Distracts me from ranting. Lololol

and seeing how everyone says that they dont make lsd for h190 i dont really have any other option. i dont have money to drop on an independant rear setup, though that's be tight. and its not only for getting sideways, i cant hook up in a straight line and i think that would help with my peg legging issue, it would make the rears lock to the ground better. and i wouldnt say anything about your thread because its pretty shweet. and im not going to leave it a leave rear end, im going to make a 4 link and throw some coilovers on there. havnt planned out how exactly i will mount the coilovers or the angle they should be at. im thinking slightly more vertical than stock shocks but im afraid it will have alot of body roll if i do that, like a jeep. :(

and as for your swap, was it an engine that belongs in your car? that would just drop in? i had to make engine mounts, and figure out which pressure plate i needed to use with the trans to make the throw out bearing contact the pressure plate (stock z series one is too thin, and clearance the lower suspension crossmember, and hook up a custom throttle cable (along with make custom cable guide). and clear the flange on the firewall to clear the pcv tube. ive done engine changes in a few hours with a floor jack and a set of metric craftsman wrenches before single handedly, but making mounts and all takes time

thats the idea, with the 4 link, can i make a 2 link with the front leaf mounts and attatch them to the axle via u-bolts as you would with a leaf, and put a heim joint on the leaf mount side? and then just make the upper links custom? that would eliminate some fabbing.

yeah, and i get 40% off at my local ace because i used to work there so i can get the dom tubing and heim joints and all that crap for fairly cheap. and my buddy just got a tig so that will make the wleds a helluvah lot cleaner. :thumbup: but thatll be later though. and i still may do a toyota lsd axle swap and just run flares to cover the extra width, but nobody ever answered my question, do i have to make a custom driveshaft for that? and if i do 4 link i guess mounts dont matter

• 4 weeks later...

So I have a76 620 with a Detroit in it with std trani gears and an aluminum carrier. The truck is a factory automatic. I have driven this truck for about 15 years this way. My son was using it for school and the Detroit sent him into a guard rail. Si I am interested in finding a open diff dropout with automatic gear ratio. I would consider some kind of trade??

So I have a76 620 with a Detroit in it with std trani gears and an aluminum carrier. The truck is a factory automatic. I have driven this truck for about 15 years this way. My son was using it for school and the Detroit sent him into a guard rail. Si I am interested in finding a open diff dropout with automatic gear ratio. I would consider some kind of trade??

What gear ratio are you looking for? Where in Oregon are you? And what gears are in your aluminum carrier?

• 2 weeks later...

Check your messages. I believe I have what you need, and you have what I need.

What gear ratio are you looking for? Where in Oregon are you? And what gears are in your aluminum carrier?

I am in southern Oregon. I will try to check this weekend on the gears in it. I know they are lower than stock autos. my stock dropout was lifted from me. I want to go back to stock.

Based on a rotation check, the gears are 4.6 to 4.7 ratio.

• 10 months later...