Low 620

driggers.a

Hey all,

My name is Austin, just thought I'd introduce myself as I'll be browsing the board for info and parts. I'm used to European cars but have been wanting a truck for a while, well, here she is.

6193683962_d20e2ee255_b.jpg

My plan for the car right now is just to restore all the seals and bushings and clean her up a bit. Considering a disk brake swap, along with a drivetrain swap at some point. Would also like to a camper shell for when I load up, anybody have one they're getting rid of?

My previous project:

3339193441_bd3c64f939_z.jpg?zz=1

Anyways, pleasure to find to join the group and hope to meet some of you guys at events in the future.

• Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous owner C notched the frame. I'm not sure on the tire size, but next time I pop outside I'll take a look. Recovering from knee surgery currently but hopefully in a week or so I'll get to start tearing into her. I'd actually like to lower it a tad in the front for now, until I get bags.

Drop spindles? Eh, maybe if the front suspension was cut out and replace with later. Far as i know they didn't make drop spindles for 76 as its king pins.

Hardbody drop spindles will work on 78+ pickups. The earlier you will have to change calipers/hubs etc...

• Like 1

I thought it may have been changed over to balljoint front, which surely you'd only change the upper, lower arms and hubs over?

Mine is a kingpin front, and I'm sure I couldn't go anywhere near that low!

my '73 has all the stock front end and im that low with the torsions backed out all the way and my bump stops removed. thats with 195/65/14. it may be a half inch higher max but it looks almost identical

I took a peak under the front of the car earlier, I'm not familiar with 620 front suspension but it looks like they moved the mounts up, along with the c notch in the rear. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to fixing her up, recovering from ACL recon surgery 9 days ago.