Untraditional Interior

Mista510

My interior has seen better days. The dash is beyond repair, the carpet is gone, the driver seat and rear seats missing back cushions, and door panels look aged so heres what im thinking...I want to use aluminum sheets or diamond plate to:

1. Cover the back seat area from rear window to the floor.

2. Make a new dashboard

3. Make door panels and maybe rear panels.

As far as the flooring, I guess find a carpet kit or install basic grey carpet.

Good idea? Bad idea? Your ideas and thought are welcome.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made aluminum door panels for my 620. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll post pics of them. I just ripped out the carpet and headliner and replaced my bench with Shelby Mustang seats for the time being. I'll be putting bomber seats in at some point.

That does sound interesting indeed.

• 2 months later...

Datsunfrontseatarea.jpg

DatsunBackseatarea.jpg

As you can see, my interior is....well had better days. I was going to go with aluminium paneling but I was searching a while back and there was a topic from someone asking about swapping an interior from another vehicle into this car but I couldnt find it so my question is mainly for the rear seats. What options are are out there to put a back seat in? Front seat I know can be done with almost any seats but what about the back? Thanx

Buy some chip bored build some new door panels then cover it in meterial. I have ran gutted 510's and the road noise makes it so long fun runs are no longer fun. The aluminum is going to turn your doors in to speeker boxes and amplifie all the road nois and exhaust notes

I was just thinking that also while staring at the interior. Ill get creative and come up with something. Any ideas on installing a headliner?

Oh and another thing....there is no headliner either. All thats in the roof area is the two small bars that hold up where the headliner used to be. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Glue black carpeting (not shag) to it. You'd better get something on there or it will sweat in the fall/winter and drip on you. Sounds quieter too. I took my 620 headliner out (big mistake) can't get it back in without removing the glass. I used black speaker grill 'cloth' about 1/4" thick... looked great.

Find an older SER sentra (B13 ???)... nice front seats and supposedly rear the seats fit well and they will match. The only thing I dont like about the idea is that the fronts dont fold forward so youll have a pretty but useless rear seat. I cant verify as I havent done this but Ive been looking for a decent set for a while.

As far as door panels go, build your own with masonite and some vinyl.

Glue black carpeting (not shag) to it. You'd better get something on there or it will sweat in the fall/winter and drip on you. Sounds quieter too. I took my 620 headliner out (big mistake) can't get it back in without removing the glass. I used black speaker grill 'cloth' about 1/4" thick... looked great.

You have to remove the windshield to replace the headliner??? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...