she lives!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about doing custom tail lights in the past, but I actually want the car to look fairly stock. Unfortunately, the previous owner also shaved the handles and the gas cap...

I've been hunting around to see if anybody would trade the doors out, but no takers so far. So, I may just have to make do with them and install some door poppers. But as for the tail lights, I think I'm going to try to get it as stock as possible.

you can make them look stock just depends on the style of light you like what about early camaro tail lights? very similar to stockers yet different idk im just thinking out loud :P just make her clean man make her clean :D

• 4 months later...

Well, I finally figured out the backfiring-through-the-carbs problem that I've had for months.

Long story short, knowing the firing order on the cylinders isn't useful if you don't know which way the rotor in the distributor spins. At some point in the past, I somehow switched plug 2 and 3... and that's been the problem this entire time. I swore up and down that I had the timing correct, but it was only correct based on a false assumption that the rotor spun in one direction when it actually spun in the other.

The consequence of plugs 2 and 3 switched is (A) backfiring off idle, (B) ridiculous fuel consumption, © constantly fouled #2 and #3 plugs, and (D), tremendous lack of power. But it still drove -- I drove it on the freeway like that. I'm pretty sure I didn't do my engine any favors by doing that.

:: sigh ::

Well, everything works perfectly again.