VQ510

HRH

I think I remember some thread pontificating on the merits of a VQ swap and everyone saying those projects had been abandoned. Found this on youtube just now. Rather interesting. Not a whole lot of detail, but evidence there is at least one.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, yes i do

I wonder if that would be possible to do at CanDy. I also would love to swap over the 5-lug hubs and shocks and everything from the Q45 into the Z as well so I'd essentially get a four-disc, 5-lug upgrade as well, since I've got a whole 1994 Q45 waiting to donate anything and everything from it. Mmmmmmm R200 VLSD rear end, yummmm!

I wonder if that would be possible to do at CanDy. I also would love to swap over the 5-lug hubs and shocks and everything from the Q45 into the Z as well so I'd essentially get a four-disc, 5-lug upgrade as well, since I've got a whole 1994 Q45 waiting to donate anything and everything from it. Mmmmmmm R200 VLSD rear end, yummmm!

Seating for 30! :D

I could load the longbox down with most of the essentials, but we would need power for a welder, flat surface for cherry picker etc...........it would be an amazing thing to do, but the availibilty of small parts would be the hard thing. I would like to do something more epic than a clutch this next year though..........

I can bring the gas drive with a wire feed. rolleyes.gif I can also bring a cherry picker. Plenty of parts houses around for the small stuff.

As to the VQ, I have been looking at several sites that have info on them. Would be a killer engine swap for power vs weight.

Mike, is seriously considering it?