WISH DAD WAS STILL ALIVE TO HELP US WITH OUR DATSUNS

now i know why i have datsuns in my blood, if only dad was still alive to help with my datsuns.

i have enclosed some pics of my dad working on datsuns in banning california at a dealership called page datsun.

also pics of just some of the certification he learned through datsun mechanic shool.

P1010005-2.jpg

P1010010-3.jpg

P1010001-5.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010005-3.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan USA had a different attitute back in the 60s and 70s, it was all about service and building trust.

It also helped that Datsun used really first class parts then. My 1967 RL411 is still running on 3 of the original Toshiba headlamps! The fourth one was cracked due to an idiot who couldn't back out of a parking slot without looking first. I put in a "good quality" Sylvania replacement. I'm on my third "good" replacement and still the three originals keep on working. My car came with a 12 month, 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Try that today.

It also helped that Datsun used really first class parts then. My 1967 RL411 is still running on 3 of the original Toshiba headlamps! The fourth one was cracked due to an idiot who couldn't back out of a parking slot without looking first. I put in a "good quality" Sylvania replacement. I'm on my third "good" replacement and still the three originals keep on working. My car came with a 12 month, 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Try that today.

do you have your warranty card? I bought a 521 owners manual on ebay and got one, never had seen one before

Thank you for sharing this, Christine.

This is very cool stuff!

I wonder if this certificate has anything to do with flat-top, tuna can Z carbs?

P1010008-1.jpg

I have some old California Air Resources Board certs from late '75 for approving older SU carbs in combination with later smog equipment on Z's. That must of been a red-tape hassle for dealers...let alone independently owned shops.

Thanks again for posting!

my dad has been wrenching for 30+ years i have learned alot from him

this is him after we cut the back window sill out of shelly holding the tool of destruction

1219091520.jpg

some one say something about datto warranty cards?

DSC04330.jpg

this is also the actual warranty card that goes to my car