New to 620's

Jan_280Z

Hey all

My brother purchased (with my help) a 1976 Datsun 620 this evening. The car is in ok shape. The passenger's side floor board is rusted through because of the previous owners lack of window replacement (he used plexi glass as a window, and it leaked....bad). The weather stripping needs a lot of work (replacement). Does anyone know where one could get weather stripping for a 620? (I own a Z, which evidently is easy to find parts for). Now even with all this cosmetic "damage" (not to mention the paint) the car is in rather good shape. The engine is amazing, runs solid and smooth.

For all those here, I do own a Z car, oddly also a 76'.Is there anything similar between the two, other than the name? Any parts swap from one to the other? Good place to get parts?

Thanks

Jan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yes pics make a lot of people reply.. dont know why.

there are a few places to get the weather stripping, but its not really cheap (unfortunately) I am looking for some too, but have been wared the stuff from over in thialand and china doesnt fit well, not to mention the shipping is almost as much as the product!

If you find some good stuf f i would be interested in some too, I did find one forum member that had found good stuff from Mexico that he brings back. Ill see if I can find his post

Try RockAuto.com

1976 NISSAN 620 PICKUP 2.0L 1952cc L4 2BBL (H) [L20B] SOHC : Body-Exterior : Door Seal / Weatherstrip

Price $57.79

METRO Part # LM130 More Information About this Part

Molded Door Seals. Exact fit, with clips and mitered ends. Pair; Right & Left

For all those here, I do own a Z car, oddly also a 76'.Is there anything similar between the two, other than the name? Any parts swap from one to the other? Good place to get parts?

Thanks

Jan

the seats from the z can go in the truck but not vise versa and that is about as far as any swapping goes

Here are some pics. I did the brakes (all 4) (and amazingly all drum) today along with the brake booster. Drives rather nice but the carbie needs to be tuned a bit as it runs lean at high loads. As fort the weather stripping thanks for the links

Thank

Jan

4vjpqw.jpg

n6q368.jpg

I want to put stock hub caps on mine now!!

You can never go wrong with stockers. All 620s had them and everyone is used to seeing them. Nothing wrong with customzing with different rims, but you do run the risk of poor judgment in taste. If you are thick skinned or just don't care then fly at 'er. For all others use restraint... be conservative, less is actually more. Do not put $2,000 worth or rims and tires on a truck worth $1,200 or you will look like the tool you are. End rant.

Here are some pics. I did the brakes (all 4) (and amazingly all drum) today along with the brake booster. Drives rather nice but the carbie needs to be tuned a bit as it runs lean at high loads. As fort the weather stripping thanks for the links

Thank

Jan

4vjpqw.jpg

n6q368.jpg

and what part of arizona you are?

• 4 weeks later...