link to Hainz's l-series video?

Duke

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not that good. I just had to pull the front cover because the timing chain tensioner had popped out. This is the second time that I have done this and I think it is the worst f-ing job to have to do on a datsun. I was SOOOO pissed when I noticed it popped out! Could'nt beleive that I had made the same mistake again.

I had the head off and was attempting to use the wooden block method. Has never worked for me. The new head gasket didn't even fix my problem though. Still no power out of cylinder #3.

#3 piston proplem????????

Ck for hole in piston

valve lash for #3

then ck very carefully on the valves .

I bought a headoff of TDAJJ and one of the valves was cracked from who knows what. Otherwise the head looks fine.

with blown rings you think you would get some serios blow by out the crank case or valve cover top if running no hose.

smelly car syndrome(or you notice your lips go numb)

History of the motor? Well, I have beat it to hell for the last 4 years with numerous auto-x's and other shenanigans. Before that it is a JDM SSS l18 that came over in the 80's, but thats all I know.

Piston is in good shape, valves are good, but there is some verticle grooving in the #3 cylinder wall. Also I am getting a good amount of blowby from the crank case breather...and it stinks. I'm really thinking rings.

unless the valve seat pop off the head looks like rings

If you see verticle grooving then its the rings,maybe not gapped correctly and when got HOT the ends butted up and expanded causing the groving..

I bought a rebuilt motor(from Thailand) back in the day.

Motor ran good but at about 40-50K I had alot of blowby.

Every cly had the same verticle wearr and all in the same spot(clocking position!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
not that good. I just had to pull the front cover because the timing chain tensioner had popped out. This is the second time that I have done this and I think it is the worst f-ing job to have to do on a datsun. I was SOOOO pissed when I noticed it popped out! Could'nt beleive that I had made the same mistake again.

eather that or removing/instaling a hitachi