1969 Datsun 510 59k miles

I'ts been a long sad few weeks. I got into a decent fender bender with my baby. Damage Was not too bad but it was bad enough for my friggin insurance company to make it a total loss. I love this car. It is absolutely all original with the auto trans. Question Is should I sell it and buy another or should I fix it and keep it? I'm really hurting here. :(

100MEDIAIMAG0170.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'ts been a long sad few weeks. I got into a decent fender bender with my baby. Damage Was not too bad but it was bad enough for my friggin insurance company to make it a total loss. I love this car. It is absolutely all original with the auto trans. Question Is should I sell it and buy another or should I fix it and keep it? I'm really hurting here. :(

100MEDIAIMAG0170.jpg

WOW!! I take it you didn't have classic car insurance! Like HAGERTY?? I assume it was total lossed cause your insurance went based on its Blu Book value.. That Sucks!!! But It looks salvageable! You should save it!!

gonna be hard to find a NICE set of 69 Fenders....

Well thats when you make them nice!! Will never be right. Original now goes out the window. Of you were to sell it I. That condition it's 700 at best. So keep it

I can't see everything, but It looks like front grill, valence, radiator support, and passengers side fender will all need fixing, the drivers side fender doesn't look damaged, I vote fix it as well it may no longer be original, but it fixed up if you ever wanted to sell it would be more than you would get for a dinged up one. Just as long as the insurance company doesn't keep it and crush it. This I think is a very saveable 510, also my condolences I can only imagine how sad this makes you.

I guess its a keeper than, unless someone offers me something amazing. This car has everything, so its worth it. Original spare, rubber mat in the trunk with fiberboard seperator... Everything! Thanks for your condolences everyone, I'm sad but it would be even sadder to see this parted out or crushed.

What are your thoughts on that 68 4dr posted up?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.