Precision Gear Power Brute LSD for your h190 truck

SR20-620

Hello I am new here and I am starting this thread to measure the interest in a precision gear power brute unit for you h190 truck differential. I have been in contact with precision gear and the gentleman I have been speaking with has brought attention to those overhead. If they can see that there is an immediate and future market then its is likely that production will start again, this means no more expensive rear end conversions, no more high dollar rare nismo units, and no more broken axles in your high torque engine swapped truck!!! The cost would be close if not the same as the first production units, around 400-500$ So please if you will just state that you are in the market or would be in the market for one of these units. This is a relatively cheap ultra easy to drop in carrier that adds a major traction and strength benefit to your truck!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assure you I am not affiliated with the vendor, Im just a dude looking for some serious traction, Im tired of playing the search game, and only ending up with a differential that needs 1k plus plut into it to fit and work like I want it to. I have found several pathy lsd units and I have passed on them all.

hainz, im not sure of the pg units have spider gears like the h233, but I dont see why you wouldnt be able to drop the unit into the h190 wagon and use either truck axles with a wheel adapter, or use some sort of 6 lug wheels. maybe we could get them into making an optional unit with the lesser spline count?

we are up to 3 Units!!!! our target is 75-100. Where else could we post this?

but they will NOT work for the wagons as the axle spline count is different between the truck and wagons

FJ can they swap out the spider gears with the diff splines?????????

I believe the LSD carrier is splined like the nissan comp units for the R160 and r180s

maybe we could get them into making an optional unit with the lesser spline count?

the biggest issue is the axles in the wagon are so small that they are prone to breaking, the ideal thing would be to get axles made that would fit the wagon rear axle tube bearing size with an overall bigger diameter and the trucks 27 or 29 (?) splines I was going to look into this but when PG said they were no longer making them I was just going to swap the rear with a Toyota 5 lug rear end housing (already have 5 lug front struts for the wagon if I go this route) because of the assortment of gear ratios and LSD options

Clayton

I contacted them a few months back and they had no interest. Looks like more than just me called them.

The story I got was Precision Gear was sold to Omix-Ada. The company bought Precision Gear primarily for their gear technology and no longer have any interest in making LSD's for Datsun/Nissan H190.

Maybe things have chnaged, but you're going to need more that a dozen orders to refire the product, IMO.