Lookie what I got!

VintageRice

Got my R1 carbs today. Going to be running them on my SOHC Ka hopefully sooner than later.

Next step is a head rebuild, cam, intake flange and get the intake fabbed up. Having a friend make tig weld one for me.. Should be Choice!!

Oics......

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 reps!

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I'm getting my ZX11 carbies back from the guy I traded for my Z20E. 80 dorra! Next week or so they'll be mounted.

Any idea for jet sizes? Gonna drill em or find some?

Edited by metalmonkey47

I looked at this some time ago. Those are 40mm with 1.3mm main jets, which are way too small. These will be extremely lean and could hole a piston on an L20B and definitely will on a 2.4 liter motor. These are intended for motors under half the size you intend to use them on. For an L16 drill out the stock jet to 1.65mm, for a 2 liter drill out to 1.8mm. Or the equivalent from a Weber DGAV. This will get your fuel delivery inside a range window. The needles that fit the jets have 3 or 4 grooves in the top and are fitted with E clips that can be moved up or down to reposition the tapered needle up (richer) or down (leaner) to tune the mixture further.

I looked at this some time ago. Those are 40mm with 1.3mm main jets, which are way too small. These will be extremely lean and could hole a piston on an L20B and definitely will on a 2.4 liter motor. These are intended for motors under half the size you intend to use them on. For an L16 drill out the stock jet to 1.65mm, for a 2 liter drill out to 1.8mm. Or the equivalent from a Weber DGAV. This will get your fuel delivery inside a range window. The needles that fit the jets have 3 or 4 grooves in the top and are fitted with E clips that can be moved up or down to reposition the tapered needle up (richer) or down (leaner) to tune the mixture further.

Yep, thats the plan. Drop in some weber jets that work well in an actual weber

carb. Move the needles to the highest point and go for rich at

first.

On the "R1 Carbe'd Ka list" is...

Custom made aluminum intake

manifold

Matchbox dizzy with L20b shaft (Have it)

R1 carbs (Have them)

Inline

Pump and fuel pressure regulator

Ka24e header

Mild street cam, nismo or other

drop it in

start it up

drive the piss out of it.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Weather it will be that much faster than a well set up KA, I don't know.... BUT... for for the obvious effort it took, looks and the sound it will be the tits. EFI is so.... boring looking. It's electricity in wires, you can't see or touch it.

Weather it will be that much faster than a well set up KA, I don't know.... BUT... for for the obvious effort it took, looks and the sound it will be the tits. EFI is so.... boring looking. It's electricity in wires, you can't see or touch it.

Exactly! Not to mention simplicity, and for me COST. The setup I'm doing will hopefully be quite cheap! Total ratsun ;)

But mostly because four velocity stacks on the side if a modern engine just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• 4 months later...

Well, kinda. I took the head to my mechanic friend to have it rebuilt with 3 angle grind.

I found a trams and some other bits. Just working out a price

Found a shop in town to cut my intake flange( going with mild steel now)

Found another shop in town to lighten and balance my flywheel

I can't wait to have this snappy little 4 banger fire up.

:)

The predominance of those who go EFI do so because they choose function before form~ reliability, economy, etc.. Bling is just as possible with EFI as with any other induction system, given the time, money, and resources... And you CAN touch electricity~ just let me stand over here with the recorder running.... lol.giflol.giflol.gif

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tICIm9KrvuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2eDeYe' date='09 January 2012 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1326126571' post='608540']

Are you getting the flange cut by the guy you told me about? Can't wait to see the quality. :D

In the words of my favorite storage wars character, YUUUUUP !

:)

Except now the guy want answer his phone or return my messages.........................maybe he's out of town. I dunno...

:angry:

Contacted the guy for my flange. Taking the pattern to him wednesday!

Also picked up a dew other goodies today. Got a good package deal.

Got a 1994 Ka24de 5 speed, brand new clutch set, brand new starter, and the KA shifter. Schweet. :cool:

3small.jpg

Man that trans needed a bath BAD!

2small.jpg

1small.jpg