Is 600 to much?

Is 600 a good price??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is 600 a good price??

• Right price
    • To high
    • To low
    • Working on Z's is a pain in the ass fuck that job all together!!

Electrical is always time consuming. No mater if it is swapping or repairing.

Dash r&r PITA!

If the dude has a wife, gf, or mother that you can contact. Try that. :fu:

Women can squeeze blood from a rock.

Tell her how you really hate to do it but you have to keep the car.

And you saved him $200 over the riginal estimate so he could get her something nice. :cool:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say wire in a kill switch that you could access discreatly from the outside of the car. Then get whatever money you can out of him right now. Get an address for him too. And be his buddy so he thinks that he got a great deal. Now give a few weeks of working perfectly and go to his house at night and hit that kill switch. See if he calls you this time(got a good deal last time). Now make a contract, make sure you tack on a little extra for last time. In the long run you stand to make way more than the 600 off of him.

Kinda dick i know.

Jason

I wouldnt hesitate to pay 600 bucks... there's a reason why you pay someone else to do the work, either in cash, or in beer, or in parts. I do computer shit for people because it's easy cake and 2 hours at the most. but for mechanical stuff if I can't or dont want to do it, I pay whatever I think is fair.

mechanics lien all the way..

but I'm assuming your customer fried the harness and not yuo guys :D

If he would have taken it to a shop they would have charged him 800+... You're not too high at all... Would I pay that? Possibly... I'm pretty cheap, and poor, but if it's something that I absolutely don't want to do myself, I'd take it somewhere, but I would shop around and probably go where ever is cheapest with a good reputation...

Put a lein on his car... Then you can have a Z too!

Well he came by last night with 200 bucks so with the 200 he already paid we got 400..... We let him take the car and all.... He said he will pay us later.... yeah I bet.... If we get the other 200 I will give you your 5 kevin :D So I guess its a lesson learned and thats all.... We just wanted the car gone, its worth 200 to not look at it and get pissed. I did learn a great deal about Z's they have a lot of similarites to 510's and the rest of the old datto's. The kill switch or timer is a rad idea though :D We wont be doing anymore cars for costomers for a while, we want to get our cars done :D

"We just wanted the car gone, its worth 200 to not look at it and get pissed".

Man, do I ever know that feeling! Who knows, he may come back with the money. Stranger things have happened. I would have had him sign a promissory note with a payment schedule outlined to let him take the car. Then you could call him if he misses the first payment.

You guys should take turns calling him every Friday anyway to see if the check is in the mail. :D

In the end, you guys did what you said you were going to do and your intent was good. Good Karma. :cool:

Z pilot on the other hand flaked on you. Badd Karma. :(

"We just wanted the car gone, its worth 200 to not look at it and get pissed".

Man, do I ever know that feeling! Who knows, he may come back with the money. Stranger things have happened. I would have had him sign a promissory note with a payment schedule outlined to let him take the car. Then you could call him if he misses the first payment.

You guys should take turns calling him every Friday anyway to see if the check is in the mail. :D

In the end, you guys did what you said you were going to do and your intent was good. Good Karma. :cool:

Z pilot on the other hand flaked on you. Badd Karma. :(

Yeah it feels great! I wish would would have gotten a "I owe you" note, it would have been cool to hang on the shop wall :D

I'm just glad its just our projects for now :D