610 street demon resurection

bonvo

well excuse my ignorance, I don't know as much about cars, its that my car suspension is very bad even straight roads feels so bumpy, after changing the rear suspension I didn't feel any big difference, on the rear I don't have normal springs, I have those truck like leaf springs. so what do you think is better? to have ones like yours ( normal springs on the back cause some cars like mine came with normal springs ), or get new leaf springs.

IMG_1012.JPG

start by replacing all the shocks/ strut inserts it makes a big difference but there is on thing to remember here its a datsun it will never ride as smooth as a cadilac

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys i have narowed my color choices down to 2 and one of which is a nissan factory color

the first is the toyota tacoma color i posted earlier

DSCN0576.jpg

the other is nissan san marino blue a factory color for the 350z

IMG_4534_Mike_Maez_Z33_350Z_South_M.jpg

im leaning more tward the z color what do you guys think

dat_160j_77: i havent run her on the dyno yet but im workin on it i know a place that i can run it for $50 to see what im workin with

Well I think it is going to come down to what kind of statement you want to make bonvo! The Tacoma color is fantastic too and is a bolder statement than the z.

You seem like a pretty extroverted guy to me (that is coming from an extrovert my self) which leans Tacoma. But you also have that cool dark streak in you, which leans Z.

Just ask the question, "Stealth?" or "In-your-face?" And there isn't a wrong answer to that question!

this weekend is going to be fun

the time has come to open up the l20b from shelly the timing chain is going and the head gasket has been seaping for a while so i figure it this way since ill already have the thing apart that far might as well go the extra step and throw some new rings and bearings in it im not sure if ill get it all done this weekend but should be at the very least 90% done this weekend im gonna continue buffing my valve cover so that it will be ready to go on when i finish the rebuild

It depends who's painting it, rookies or greedy people may want to charge more. In actuality its not that much more work and in all likely hood gloss black is going to be considerably cheaper then that blue.

If your willing to do the prep work you should consider doing it yourself. Even if you buy/borrow a cheap hvlp and rent a compressor your still going to be cheaper then macco. So long as the mix is right its hard to mess up paint. Ya you can get runs and what not but that just means more finish work, wet sand, blocking, polishing etc... If your willing to do the all so important and super annoying/labor intensive prep then I really vote you just go balls out. Even 2 tone, I'm sure you can tape as good as anyone else so long as you take your time, ans again west sand the seams etc.... Sure you could manage just fine.

My .02