610 street demon resurection

bonvo

Hang on!!!

That nut keeps the spring compressed doesn't it. If you undo it will expand and you won't get the nut back on.

Is the other side ok?

no no not that one the big one where the shock part goes in its just a tiny bit above the bottom spring perch

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on!!!

That nut keeps the spring compressed doesn't it. If you undo it will expand and you won't get the nut back on.

Is the other side ok?

no no not that one the big one where the shock part goes in its just a tiny bit above the bottom spring perch

No, the gland nut, after the spring is removed (carefully). The thought (theory, hypothesis) is that maybe there was some binding at the gland nut, causing the strut not to compress properly. If the strut does compress after the gland nut is removed, then the gland nut needs to be realigned or replaced. If the strut still does not compress, then the bind is within the strut cylinder and the piston is stuck or binding at a possible bend.

No, the gland nut, after the spring is removed (carefully). The thought (theory, hypothesis) is that maybe there was some binding at the gland nut, causing the strut not to compress properly. If the strut does compress after the gland nut is removed, then the gland nut needs to be realigned or replaced. If the strut still does not compress, then the bind is within the strut cylinder and the piston is stuck or binding at a possible bend.

thats the plan after the yard police show up though im not sure if the later models are oil filled or if they have inserts

sorry for lack of progress guys the yard police have come and gone then i went to sac to see a buddy of mine and his woman for her bday progress tomorrow :D

Im gonna be in your neck of the woods in July :D ya gotta get that thing up and going before I get there.

Im gonna be in your neck of the woods in July :D ya gotta get that thing up and going before I get there.

lol it will be thats what im shooting for its almost ready the list is as follows to make it road ready

1 fuel soft line

1 brake soft line

1 brake hard line

swap master

wiring

radiator

finish seat mounts

and its drivable :D

so we will be cruzing though i dont think my stock l20b qill hold up to the l28et :P

Good times! I am happy to see that she is running!

Did you need to do anything to get her to turn over that fast (rebuild carb, tune up, etc) or she just take the bump and turn right over like that?

i got somthing done today lol i cleaned and painted the tail light panels

0602091806.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you this would look great, and it does!