Stereo Speaker Setup in my 74 620

chebetio510

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen several different things in 620 standard cabs. if you reall want some bass, like as big as a 10", the trick i saw was pull the heater out and build a little box under there. Your in california, who needs heat down there? lol!.. Me personally I pulled the parcell tray out and tucked a 10 in sub under there. And then I just used the normal speaker spots in the kick panels for the mids and pulled the heat tubes and put a tweet in the side vents all out of site and nice and clean. In my other truck I built a small custom center console and did a small 8in and put it right in the center between the seats....good luck!!!

Or put a hard tonnue cover on the bed do a cut out between the cab and the bed. Jam 4- 15in subs and a few amps and blow the roof off!!

My friend has 2 5in kickers in his truck, with mini-amps (not sure on correct name) in his standard cab Toyota and they're all the system that truck needs. That would be a lil more feasible then trying to stash a sub in your truck...

• 3 months later...

I have a pioneer 12" sub with a lanzar 3000 watt amp. Two Memphis audio 6.5's with a bazooka 140 watt amp. The sub and box are so big I can't really sit back the whole way but whatever. It is really freaking loud. I can bounce a quarter on my roof.

6x9s in the kick panels, tweeters in the corners of the dash, and the head unit goes in an overhead console. The sound is well toned with plenty of bass for a small cab, don't see any need to try and fit a sub. If I want real bass I drive my Pathfinder.

6x9s in the kick panels, tweeters in the corners of the dash, and the head unit goes in an overhead console. The sound is well toned with plenty of bass for a small cab, don't see any need to try and fit a sub. If I want real bass I drive my Pathfinder.

Id like to see a pic of those 6x9's in the kick panels :poke:

• 1 year later...

heres what i have its all pioneer i think you guys will be pretty impressed, sorry its dirty broke my leg need to clean it still 10' sub amp sits perfect behind it there both 800 watts sub & amp, it sounds really nice, the stereo itself had some interference issues behind the dash other than that the install went very smooth those small front ones are still in the truck and also pioneers and he sub box came with the sub and seemed to be made for the 620

how do you post pics rofl i have a mac??

Yeah premade box for the pioneer sub, it came with sub, It came with weird stuff I used I ended up screwing it in in most spots I can take more pics for sure only loss was the storage, but I screwed in cup holders on the 6x9 box :) you can kinda see it

I have a bench in my single cab 620 and I don't really wanna gets buckets. I've seen people do why you did with the sub so I might put a 10 under there and some 6x9s behind the seats and 6 inch speakers in my kick panels. Nobody talks about stereos so I love this thread haha

Custom low profile wide boxes for some low profile 8" duel coil subs, take seat out and fit them under the seat, take carper out of the area, bottom fire the subs in the box with 1" lift pedistals on the corners to keep the speaker an inch above the floor. Raise the seat mount an inch or so to lift it enough to make room.

This is for those dead serious about having subs, tweets should be mounted high and behind the side windows.

Did this in my 521 back in the day and it really kicked hard. And was really invisible.

Now the 620 KC,I have A pair of 10". Subs and 8 way system. It has room.