Why no datsun magazine

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap Datsun owners, that's why. Owning Datsuns has never been about prestige, really. Its all about the underdog overachieving. Otherwise we'd be right up there with the Cavalier/Focus crowd. Yuck.

Its limited here in the US but there out there.

Nissan sport covers newer cars, a lot of dattos, and even has sections for drift and 4x4 action

NissanSportMagazine.webversion.jpg

Z Sport usta be an all Z mag but its not around anymore

Sport_z_jim_cover.jpg

and then theres JNC of course

japanese_nostalgic_car_magazine=1.jpg

wish we got Nostalgic Hero in english

resizeof04062007qj3.jpg

It was tough just to have a z only magazine. Two magazines went under, zcarmag then changed names to z car and classic datsun or something like that. Left a lot of subscribers and sponsors in the lurch.

Then a few years before the 350z came out, a few of the writers of the those mags got together and put together sportZ magazine. They saw the writing on the wall and decided to incorporate all nissans and datsuns into the magazine. Of course you will always have the detractors wanting a z only magazine, but guess what, there isn't the support out there for just one model line. If it wasn't for the people that resurrected sportz and nissan sport, we wouldn't have anything Nissan only related here in the states. So what if it won't have your model featured each month, some is better than none.

Write the staff at sportz, see about doing your own write up on your build thread and sending it in. It may take a while, but eventually it might make it in the magazine.

Yeah,most Datsun stuff is on the west coast. Very small market.

Have you ever heard of Datsun meet on the east coast? Or even the Midwest? Sadly,no.

You get out here and hardly anyone under 30 has heard of them.

:(

sure there is, some large ones in fact.

the Branson Z fest

zfest08.jpg

the International Z car convention (held at Nissan USA HQ)

490091.1-lg.jpg

the annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet

3497817854_6cfb48e896.jpg

the Mitty (not datsun specific but theres a ton there, including BRE

bre2_art_mitty2010poster_lgt.jpg

I've picked up a few of the NIssan Sport mags and find they are very good. I think it's a great format and hopefully become the premier Nissan/Datsun/Infiniti magazine.

Honestly, for as much of a Datsun following as there is, part of the problem is how some of the owners/groups/followers organize themselves. From what I've seen in the short time I've been looking for events, info online, car clubs, etc. for the most part it's a splintered group. There are LOTS of Z car clubs... some do this so that old Datsun Z's and new Nissan Z's are together, some were originally only formed for newer Z's and the older ones joined in, and I've even meet some who choose the "Z" club because they don't view it as a Datsun (as one said... "it's better than that"). The examples listed above kinda show it as well, the Z fest or Datsun 510 meet (I really hope more than those 15 just showed up)... As the cars become old and fewer, the various Datsun car specific (roadster/510/Z) owners/groups really need to combine the events for their success.

Don't care for magazines. Maybe if exclusively for pre 80 Datsuns but seriously who want's four pages of pictures of a 390 Z TT intercooler turbo or the latest skyline rocket car? Who the hell is ever going to afford to buy one anyway? Comparing the new Murano to the original??? Comparing the 2012 Nissan/Honda/Toyota Hybrids??? Cube owners jamboree pictures!!! One a half pages on the 510 near the back mixed with 20 pages of ads for hideous rims, wide body kits, Mac tac carbon fiber peel and stick, Faux HID conversions...... <_<

Don't care for magazines. Maybe if exclusively for pre 80 Datsuns but seriously who want's four pages of pictures of a 390 Z TT intercooler turbo or the latest skyline rocket car? Who the hell is ever going to afford to buy one anyway? Comparing the new Murano to the original??? Comparing the 2012 Nissan/Honda/Toyota Hybrids??? Cube owners jamboree pictures!!! One a half pages on the 510 near the back mixed with 20 pages of ads for hideous rims, wide body kits, Mac tac carbon fiber peel and stick, Faux HID conversions...... <_<

That is what I'm saying, I'd even settle for the 80's ones included just no Nissan with the datsun logo smaller ones. :D I mean hell the VW mag features some of the same cars once a year :P but its only 20 bucks a year to subscribe and such.

There are enough datto owners and events to for sure keep a magazine going for quite some time. lol

Nissan Sport is actually more than that.

it has a good covering and love for the dattos