telemarketing job?

ive found a help wanted ad for a telemarketer no experience needed im wondering if anyone else has done it and if its worth it this one is offering $500 a week is this something i should consider? looking for ratsuns opinion on this

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive worked in and managed call centers on a few different occasions inbound/outbound/sales/customer service/ ect and if your willing to play by their rules and your good enought (by their standards) your golden - but in general, don't bank on it till you have been there a week or 2.

I Used to work as a telemarketer back in 03'.. Not bad if u like sittin in a cubicle for 8hrs and calling random people trying to convince them to go to whatever it is ur doing.. I quit after a week.. lol./.. Money is good but not for me...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

And you don't even have to put pants on! Win! Dooo eeet!

Makes one wonder what and IF the ones that call you or me, are wearing anything :o

:lol: :lol:

oh and I hate telemarketers they say im selling blh blah,oh ok already got that :lol:

Makes one wonder what and IF the ones that call you or me, are wearing anything :o

oh and I hate telemarketers they say im selling blh blah,oh ok already got that :lol:

Hahaha!! I always ask cold callers what they are wearing!! I've had some interesting conversations! Mostly get hung up on though.

Telemarketer: Hi, my name is Celeste and I'm calling on behalf of Yada Yada.

Me: Hey that's cool, you sound nice, what are you wearing?

Telemarketer: Click.

Me: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hahaha!! I always ask cold callers what they are wearing!! I've had some interesting conversations! Mostly get hung up on though.

Telemarketer: Hi, my name is Celeste and I'm calling on behalf of Yada Yada.

Me: Hey that's cool, you sound nice, what are you wearing?

Telemarketer: Click.

Me: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

Do they ever play along with you? :w00t:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Only the ones that work from home, methinks! But yeah, uh.. heh heh.

:thumbup:

Always fun when they play along, my favorite thing is, oh hi

yeh I ordered it from the last peson that called,its been quite sometime where is it,them,oh well I have to foreward you to so and so ok please do, bye

magic jack works pretty good. as good as cell phone (cuts out sometimes). it works off the internet so the computer has to stay on and all but yea

oh and dont call me :P

Your cell phone cuts out :blink: Yea, I havent had a dropped call in like 4 years. So sounds like magic jack should be good then!

Fred Garvin...male prostitute....You're on the air!

Oh wait......have to call him instead............. :lol:

If "they" don't give you a "Do not call" scrubbed list you are very much screwed! The fine is quite large for EACH call dialed to a number on the Do not call list. I take great pleasure in informing illegitimate callers that I am forwarding their info to the FCC and that they can expect to receive a $40,000 bill for each of their infractions!