What is this 8 second Datsun?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's an eighth mile track. Looks like it could be 660ft. long. What was the top end speed?

I wonder if that guy will ever find a motor that has more top end. I watched his long video and it seems like he would shit on anyone off the line but the higher end cars start to catch up after 3/4ths of the track.

Maybe it's an eighth mile track. Looks like it could be 660ft. long. What was the top end speed?

The description read 1/4th mile. It did look short to me as well, but he takes off pretty damn fast; much faster than I've seen 10 second 8th mile cars go.

I wonder if that guy will ever find a motor that has more top end. I watched his long video and it seems like he would shit on anyone off the line but the higher end cars start to catch up after 3/4ths of the track.

its constantly being worked on.

shit gets veeeeeery expensive to upgrade tho.

I haven't seen any very recent vids but everything i've seen he pretty much redlines asap........sure hes going 116 but a couple of the built muscle cars he went against in his vids have a much higher top end but no instantaneous torque.

I haven't seen any very recent vids but everything i've seen he pretty much redlines asap........sure hes going 116 but a couple of the built muscle cars he went against in his vids have a much higher top end but no instantaneous torque.

It takes time to get into the torque peak in those taller gears. He's already doing top speed long before those muscle cars are still getting moving. Given a long enough track, they'd over take him, but not tonight. :D