*** ProJeKT 1200 street/strip TERROR***

S@nt0s

Greetings,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Santos Renovales Jr out here in lovely SOCAL.

Grew up wrenching on Datsuns and Toyotas and can always be found at a track event in SOCAL since the early 90's with my dad and still to this day. He currently has a 69 Corolla Sprinter which runs 9's in the 1/4, if you are true to the old school you have seen his car.

Picture066.jpg

but this isnt a toy forum, now i picked up this 72 Datsun 1200 Sedan recently which was in need of falling into the right hands EX. MINE ;)

i quickly got a few things that was in dieing need to get and i will continue the build up to a full street functional car but its main purpose is attacking the 1320.

the body is super str8, almost ZERO rust, just a tad on the floor plan no big deal.

car was with the previous owner for 3 years who swapped in the CA18DET and the front suspension.

bring her home with the toyota power

DSC_1995copy.jpg

DSC_1993copy.jpg

DSC_1994copy.jpg

now sitting in her new home

DSC_1989copy.jpg

DSC_1991copy.jpg

DSC_2010copy.jpg

car is powered by a CA18DET w/ S14 silvia T25 turbo (previous owner)

DSC_2003copy.jpg

FMIC

DSC_2006.jpg

S13 Silvia full coilovers with AE86 brakes (Previous owner)

DSC_2004copy.jpg

DSC_2005copy.jpg

interior was COMPLETELY stripped down

DSC_1997copy.jpg

DSC_1996copy.jpg

DSC_1998copy.jpg

so i made some calls to some good friends and got myself the complete dash that i needed and the rear side markers

DSC_1999copy.jpg

DSC_2000copy.jpg

installed my Recaro SPG bucket

DSC_2002copy.jpg

car is running a Micrortech ECU

DSC_2001copy.jpg

i also got a rear end from a datsun wagon/truck for her this weekend and did the exhaust

DSC_2008.jpg

DSC_2009copy.jpg

the plans for the car as of now is to paint for a full color change and bring her back to life. i can not stand to see cars like this fall into the wrong hands and i am extremely greatful it fell into mine.

i have always loved these sedans and never thought i would come across one.

i have some big shoes to fill with my fathers Sprinter looking as beautiful as it is and running those times.

i plan on it being a track car & from time to time on sat/sun for lil drives.

the powerplant as well will stay for the time being , for what the future holds for under the hood i do not know yet.

went by my dads house today and my rims were there waiting for me..

enjoy!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and from my fathers Sprinter the front runners

DSC_2007copy.jpg

put the front runners on 1 side to see how it will look.

IMG00041.jpg

some gauges

DSC_2043copy.jpg

another dash and a tach

DSC_2042copy.jpg

traction bars

DSC_2041copy.jpg

Leaf spring offset brackets

DSC_2040copy.jpg

Comp engineering rear shocks

DSC_2039copy.jpg

datsun pick up rear end just for the 4.37 gears

DSC_2038copy.jpg

well i got a few things done today after the datsun swap meet,

installed the rear side markers

DSC_2053.jpg

removed the turbo to see that the seals are passing oil causing the smoking

DSC_2049copy.jpg

DSC_2048copy.jpg

DSC_2047copy.jpg

removed the dash frame to install the dash pad and cluster i came up on

DSC_2045copy.jpg

DSC_2046copy.jpg

DSC_2051copy.jpg

DSC_2052copy.jpg

DSC_2050copy.jpg

now im looking for a turbo to replace the oiled out one

DSC_2055copy.jpg

DSC_2054copy.jpg

rears are 15x7 4.5" backspace

got my quick release as well

DSC_2057copy.jpg

DSC_2056copy.jpg

bought a few thigns off my dad today

Turbonetics snail

DSC_2080copy.jpg

Tial style BOV

DSC_2079copy.jpg

wastegate

DSC_2081copy.jpg

inline filter

DSC_2082copy.jpg

misc. -AN fittings

DSC_2083copy.jpg

those wheels are star shark replicas, but they have been sold already.

Damn. I was just about to ask if you'd sell them too. Those were slick! Nice catch. I've seen you and your family's work. Awesome Toys.

-Brian

Niiiiice Santos! And so cool that you get to bond on these things with your dad. I am envious of that.

I hope you beat his toyota some day with this!

Welcome!

Scott

Nice ride. welcome to ratsun. I've seen that car here in so cal. At shows and at the local auto X. If it turns out half as nice as your dads car it will be BAD ASS. Can you revalve the rear shocks? One looks dead to me.

NICE :D. Too bad you sold the wheels though :(. Thought those looked the best :D. Anyway, very nice and clean. Enjoy the ca18! I used to have one in a 240, very underrated engine.

*edit*

and nice x73 cressida in the background! Whose is that, I want it!

i like the color too, however people ahve seen it and i do not like "marked" cars, it will be nothing like it was when i got it so i do not want people affiliating the car in any way from the previous owner. i will be making it ALL ME.

i had a few colors in mind but i will be bringing it back to life with the ORIGINAL BLUE. as seen here in my collection of reading material :D

DSC_2073copy.jpg

DSC_2074copy.jpg

DSC_2075copy.jpg

DSC_2076copy.jpg

What size is the turbo in the picture, I have one sitting on my refrigerator that can make enough horsepower to take the car into the 10`s.

its a T04E but i got rid of it already, im going to stick with the S15 BB T28 for now.

Santos, are you going to replace that little engine with something bigger? SR20? KA24?

nope dont plan on it as of now, no need for it at all. with the power i plan to make it will be more then enough to propel this car into the low 11's high 10's

proper combinations, suspension, power to weight is what will get you moving down the 1/4 not big HP #'s

when building a car you need to take into account tire size, as well as what the chassis/wheel base can handle. if ANYTHING i will do a mini tub down the line but in the mine time i will just be running 24.5 or 25" SLICKS. i do not want to over power the slicks or the chassis as i already know what can happen as we have experienced that with my fathers corolla.

its a T04E but i got rid of it already, im going to stick with the S15 BB T28 for now.

nope dont plan on it as of now, no need for it at all. with the power i plan to make it will be more then enough to propel this car into the low 11's high 10's

proper combinations, suspension, power to weight is what will get you moving down the 1/4 not big HP #'s

when building a car you need to take into account tire size, as well as what the chassis/wheel base can handle. if ANYTHING i will do a mini tub down the line but in the mine time i will just be running 24.5 or 25" SLICKS. i do not want to over power the slicks or the chassis as i already know what can happen as we have experienced that with my fathers corolla.

I agree, running a 24.5x13 x 7 MT slick with a some work done to a 510 IRS and a set of custom valved 280zx 90/10 front struts to aid in weight transfer my car managed a 1.58 60 foot time. With a live rear axel and a LESS than 2000 pound car a CA 18 should be more than able to propel a 1200 into the 10`s, I mean it`s 2/3 of a RB26.:)

I like the ca18 personally. I got so much shit from my friends when I bought mine. It was right in the middle of the whole sr20 craze. Spent some extra cash I had left over on a t28, z32 mafs, injectors, and a tune (and a few other little perf. things). So I had less that $3k into it (incl. cost of front cut :D ), and was still beating their black top swaps :P. Very underated, but fun little engine.

I like the ca18 personally. I got so much shit from my friends when I bought mine. It was right in the middle of the whole sr20 craze. Spent some extra cash I had left over on a t28, z32 mafs, injectors, and a tune (and a few other little perf. things). So I had less that $3k into it (incl. cost of front cut :D ), and was still beating their black top swaps :P. Very underated, but fun little engine.

yea very underrated motor, parts arent like SR's but its still easier then finding FJ20 parts :P

• 3 weeks later...

been busy trying to get some things done to fund the datsun build bu its coming little by little

i picked up my front tires yesterday Firestone 125R15 mounted and balanced them

today i played with the front suspension, ride height etc... happy with how it came out. next week im dropping it off to get the cage done :D

so i removed the reaar 1/4 windows

DSC_2119copy.jpg

DSC_2118copy.jpg

DSC_2117copy.jpg