Radio's New Daily...

Hello Ratsun!

I will Be Starting a New Job soon. I currently take any car I have to work from the Fleet that is plated and near the end of driveway! I have a 2007 Ion Redline Which is my little show Car it has no miles I plan to Keep for a long long time. a 2008 Sky Redline which is only driven in summertime and has low miles as well. Then I have 2 620s, a 521, and a 510. I Also have a 1990 300E, but its not super great on gas and is RWD...Which is Fun, but I'm thinking Icy Streets 6 mos a Year x 8 hrs a day equals Accident.

My new job will require visiting clients all over the city. I will be getting 950$ per month as a Car Allowance. I don't want another New Car, or a New Payment, and I don't want to mile up the Saturns too bad as I'll be keeping them. I want suggestions on a vehicle that LOOKS Newish, but I can still do some work on! I could and have driven Dattos before, and don't mind the idea of driving one in the future as a treat! But am trying to think of what would be the best mix of winter/summer, professional looking, reliable, and not too hard on gas to use as a Daily. It has to have A/C, and no Rust. . At some point when my Ion Payment is done in 2 years, I would like to get into a Newish Nissan Cube.

At this point i'm leaning Pathfinder. or at Least Nissan Product!

Suggestions?

Radio

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, did you just say you wanted a Cube? Excuse me while I vomit in my mouth. I vote the 510 for winter driving. Better balance than the trucks, and you already have it, unless it's super nice. If it is, then pick up a Miata. Much better than the 510 in snow due to the near 50/50 weight distribution.

• Like 1

The 510, are great vehicles. You want some weight to it tho for the Ice. Trust me I love the lightness of older vehicles for the speed/hop up factor, and the other thing is insulation/heat. It could be brought up to Canadian Winter Daily if I reinsulated!

I've driven a 620 in the winter, and it never broke down, I had all-season tires and sandbags. its just not the look I should have pulling up. I Love the Datsun but Its gotta look pro lol.

Skip to 1:41 in this clip to get my drift:

Radio

had a 82 Toyota sr5 4x4 with 31x 10.50 TSL super swampers nothing stopped it

and it drove down freeway and up steep hills without bogging down. Only sold it because after second son we no longer fit in it..

and that would be my official vote