Incredible engine concept: 4 pistons in 2 cylinders.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The version I have seen before in print had the 2 cylinders side by side with the opposed pistons in each of the bores. Sort of like a boxer engine turned on itself. 2 crankshafts at each "end" of the crankcase with them connected by a large gear or chain [not as good] to the common output shaft. A triple cylinder 6 opposed piston should be a smooth running engine.

is it common knowledge that oil is not a fossil fuel yet?

seriously if you dont know it search it. nasa has confirmed it.

LOL wasn't that discovered some time in the 60's or something?

So like the Doxford engines of WWI era?

Single-crank opposing pistons. No cylinder head.

I stand corrected! I thought you meant this,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposed-piston_engine

ah but still today we are bein dicked around by the oil companies and thats drivin the prices up. that and we are too dependant on the middle east which is retarded seeing as we have plenty of oil to sustain us for at least 5 years (personal estimate dont quote that) off the coast of alaska and even being already pumped out of alaska. we dont need to drill there, we just need to start tappin the pipeline and start enjoying our own oil.

honestly i can rant for hours about it and i wont. wrong section for that

back to topic its a really awesome idea i support it but im not giving up my conventional pop spring valve motor

Thats some neat shit... hippy garbage till 1:32!

So if they're so concerned about saving the environment and the spotted hippy and shit, why aren't they producing this for small block chevy's at an affordable price?

oh ya, eco hippy $$$ bullshit. "We love the environment, so give us tax payer grants to let us make a fortune more later."

LOL wasn't that discovered some time in the 60's or something?

I stand corrected! I thought you meant this,http://en.wikipedia....d-piston_engine

Oil is not a fossil fuel: http://www.rense.com/general67/oils.htm

Heat and pressure can turn plant matter into crude oil. OPEC SAY OOPS!

SF i was thinking of the Jumo 205 fighter engine, you are right. This engine here is cool-er, but no so incredible. I mean the 1904 mercedes was DOHC four cylinder, four valve ... like the SR20 of its day. Not much is new. There was that wankel guy ...