120why

RedBanner

i got this 77 b210 about 6 months ago. 2011-04-15152723.jpg

2011-04-15152707.jpg

2011-04-15152750.jpg well ive ben driving the shit out of it but its a bucket. slowly making it alittle more comfortable and reliable.

i put an early 1200 hundred carb onit becouse the original had a few people "improve" it.

today i got a wild hair, some one had spray painted a patch of serfice rust with out giving it proper attention. i started by scraping or the old decal the someone had spray painted.

2011-07-05153903.jpgi actuly liked the decal.

2011-07-05153834-1.jpg

but someone decided to paint one side and then started to sand it off.2011-07-05153853-1.jpgi spent today working on the drivers side , tomaro the passenger side. i started by scraping the decals off. i could tell that the sanding the p.o. did had little effect on the decal.

2011-07-05153915.jpg

2011-07-05160920-1.jpg

2011-07-05160930.jpg

2011-07-05210814.jpgthe passenger side came right off

2011-07-05160940.jpg

i fergot to take pics of sanding and cleanup but i was in a hurry2011-07-05210828-1.jpg

2011-07-05210835.jpg i got to painting and ended up with a ok job on the diverside. tomaro passenger maybe the hatch and thursday the red :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

ME>>poke.gif<<YOU

now get off computer and start tapingbiggrin.gif

Are you going to go up and over the hatch??

up and over same one the other side. adding alittle red for good measure. and alittle special secret souce to top it off, bu i guess that will take a couple days. haded to the country fair tomaro so thursday when i get back ill update.

So I didnt get any pics but I haVe done some work on the y. First off I had a tranny go out on me(not down on me) swapped in a 150 dallor bad tranny. Then I swapped in a remote box type electric dizzy to counter that spudder I couldnt get rid of, but most importantly I put alittle more paint on. Its ben raining so I dont now when ill get to the passenger side

2011-07-14120401.jpg

63a,5 speed swap check list

[x] transmision

[x]tranny crossmember

[x]slave cylinder

[x]flywheel

[x]clutch

[x]brake line to make hard line from

[x]softline and mounting bracket

[x]driveline

Last time I swapped I had a pilot bushing issue, but hopefully thats just couse it was an a12

If I forgot something please help a brother out with some info.

Flywheel and clutch cover (pressure plate) are independent of the transmission. Use a standard A14 flywheel, or if you want a lightweight flywheel, use an A12 unit.

Clutch disc is specific to the 63A 5-speed, it has different splines than the A-series transmissions. You need the 180mm clutch disk for 63A, also known as the L14 clutch disk for Datsun N510.

[ ] Clutch Disc for 63A

[ ] Release Lever for 63A

[ ] Release bearing w/sleeve for 63A

Flywheel and clutch cover (pressure plate) are independent of the transmission. Use a standard A14 flywheel, or if you want a lightweight flywheel, use an A12 unit.

Clutch disc is specific to the 63A 5-speed, it has different splines than the A-series transmissions. You need the 180mm clutch disk for 63A, also known as the L14 clutch disk for Datsun N510.

[x] Clutch Disc for 63A

[x] Release Lever for 63A

[x] Release bearing w/sleeve for 63A

Check! Indapendent? I dont fallow.

Just did this swap right before Canby.

Amazon had the clutch kit for about ~65, although the pilot bearing and alignment tool were not the right size.

Also 280zx front brake lines are almost the same as the slave cylinder softline but about half the cost (same ends, but about an inch longer though).

Flywheel is the same regardless of which transmission you use. It is independent of your choice of the 63A 5-speed. A14 flywheel same one is used for 4-speeds, 5-speeds, 63-series or 60-series transmissions. Ditto for the clutch pressure plate, just use the 4-speed pressure plate. But the clutch disc must slide over the transmission input shaft, and the shafts are different: 63A uses on type and all the other use a smaller shaft.

If you use the lighter A12 flywheel, I think you need to remove the rear engine plate because the flywheel is thinner by the same amount as the plate.

Thanks, I knew the clutch was different, didnt know the pressure plate was the same as the flywheel. The pilot bushing and throughout bearing are of some concern.

On another note I did fund a couple bumpers to mess around with. Cut em off a 60 corvair. megabumper 2011-07-14194223.jpg