120why

RedBanner

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I plan on doing lots of measuring, got a four foot band saw that might give a nice clean cut, but ill probly wait till I can buy another cold saw blade. And hey if I fuck up ill make split bumpers, if those arent workin ill try bumperettes, there are plenty of other bumpers out there but if I was spending money on them id go jdm and be done.

The rear bumper off the corvair was bent in a couple places but hell They where free

2011-07-14194311.jpg

2011-07-14194259.jpg

before and after rear bumper

2011-07-18171953.jpg

2011-07-18172001.jpg

2011-07-18172032.jpg

2011-07-18172044.jpgi may give it another go when im off the meds, I also got the front bumper laid out, its at a 9 -14 degree angle so I plan on tappering it off and not going around the sides, the rear actuly looked pretty good on the front but the feont didnt work on the back. Unlike most of my other pics, this looks way better in person

vex210... that one is from a sedan model.. it does not have the reflectors and may not fit the coupe.

They dont like to ship bumpers to the US as the length kills the deal. unless you take the slow boat... which I did on my rear bumper. I got my front bumper from Portugal

Mike

Nice 120y, I love those model 120y the only thing here in cali all of them are rusty's, your's is clean . The bumper are cheap on Austrilia ebay .starting Au $18..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-120Y-REAR-BUMPER-BAR-/230648386900?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b3b71554

So you make it lok like this..:cool:

jack508st-img600x450-1190382197dsc0.jpg

Hell yeah I love those bumpers. But I have no money for that right now. And thanks on the kudos, I went to give you a +1 but fucked up and negd you im so sorry some one fix. But since I have these bumpers and a crazy huge band saw and a plasma cutter so here goes, no car mods all to the bumper.

vex210... that one is from a sedan model.. it does not have the reflectors and may not fit the coupe.

They dont like to ship bumpers to the US as the length kills the deal. unless you take the slow boat... which I did on my rear bumper. I got my front bumper from Portugal

Mike

could you please post some pictures of your car w/bumpers in "210s unite"

It takes atleast 30 beers to do a 63a swap, my auto car was a straight swap, my 4 speed car I had to make a trans mount crossmember, I hope the angles right. It drives awsome but I havent hooked the speedo up yet becouse it needs a alittle hammer love . And my trans mount is hobbled to gether from shop floor scraps. Tomaro clean the shop and the ride, double check torque and pound a space for my speedo cable. Amd wire whell some floor parts before rust takes hold amd put alittle paint down

could you please post some pictures of your car w/bumpers in "210s unite"

I will as soon as I think its picture worthy :)

Edit: I'm actually working on the PB210 rear taillight section too! Cant have one with out the other

• 2 months later...

2011-09-30075119.jpg

tumblr_l41zyaI4rx1qbvx0xo1_250.gif

Ok ..back to the bumper thing ..I have been toying with idea for an ol first gen celica i have .. What about a 67-68 mustang bumper?

It has swoop-up at end ( that could be cut down depending) and is fairly light and does not bow out. and because of after market pretty cheap..i think i paid $25 for this one..pics below

Dont have B210 to hold it up to so no way to tell foo shoore.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ038.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ040.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ039.jpg

• Like 1