the 72 s30 aka "daphnie"

and one more thing...this is not a project for the shallow of pockets, this build has put me in the red a few times, but its totally worth it. goodluck with your build if you have any questions just ask here i mean...theres skib, leacoan, and myself to answer anything, id be more than happy to help

but jalen seriously, you can do what you want theres nothing wrong with that...but...do some research on the s13/14/15 and find out why it is the drift car choice for so many professionals. thats what i did and now i have a clear idea of what needs to be done to actually go to a drift event, throw down, and not get laughed at, trust me, just doing the s13 suspension swap wont grant you drift abilities.

do some research bud, just some friendly advise. :cool:

4707b0e5-e7c3-4e67-91f7-09be76c9116e.jpg

S30 drift car is possible (anything is) just not easy or practical with simpler options like the 240sx.

glad to see youve put the research in to start building a proper steering set up tho,

have you looked into the subi steering rack option?

carry on :lol:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4707b0e5-e7c3-4e67-91f7-09be76c9116e.jpg

S30 drift car is possible (anything is) just not easy or practical with simpler options like the 240sx.

glad to see youve put the research in to start building a proper steering set up tho,

have you looked into the subi steering rack option?

carry on :lol:

i have not ill look into it thanks skib lol.

there was a thread about it on HBZ a few years back.

dont really remember the details but it was someone using an 80's (?) subi steering rack to get more angle from an S30.

lol I go threw a lot of threads so I dont remember who it was by.

ill have to find it on hbz. sounds interesting...honestly im going to do what i can to keep it all nismo parts but sometimes you gotta make exceptions lol. we will see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Also if you goto driftworks forums search a s30z drift build MOUNTAINS OF INFO, unfortunately i dont remember the exact build. If you cut out the strut towers off a s13(use a strut bar to hold at equal distance) and cutout the s30 ones it will retain some of its suspension geometry. Im going the similar route and will try to drift this thing aswell..

eventually going to get these wheels

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/XXR-6-Black%20w|Copper.html

with these tires

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+XS&partnum=245WR8EXSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

seats goin in

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/1989_1994_240sx/interior/seats/racing_seats/nrg/nrgi00000274.html

and after i get the suspension done im taking it to my buddies shop to get it blasted with some gloss black, put in a sun roof (crank style :cool:)

• 2 weeks later...