• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

alright check it out.

so ive been busy workin on the 720 but this car has never left my mind.

im puttin my money away for big things.

im talkin one purchase of about 1763.xx on oh yeah thats right...triple 45s, maby 50s, with cannon mani, cold air box, fuel pump and braided lines.

going back to what i know best and keeping my beefy l28 carbed.

then doing a head decking and a bore over, possibly a stroker kit if i can find another site that has em.

basically im going big or going home. thats all there is to it. once i have my truck running properly (because i have this nack of buying cars and trucks that i gotta do work to before i can drive them daily lol) and then i will be back on my car. i just have to get my truck done first.

so im gonna try to get some body work done on her this weekend. tired of seeing her just parked outside my house. i actually cried this morning as i came home from work and saw this sexy beast just chilling goin no where...good news is im getting a huge refund from my old insurance company and i am super stoked to throw that money into a savings acct for my carbs and fuel pump. also does any one know how to wire up a dual point distributor? thats electronic and not magneto? grabbed one from you pull it and was in a rush and clipped the wires so idfk where anything goes. if some one can give me a hand with that i would love them for ever...talyn you are excluded...but long story short im tired of just staring and wishing when i could be doing.

stopped by the shop today to talk to my fab man Clayton, basically laid out the plans. Basically gonna fit an s13 subframe in the s30, s13 suspension with knucks everything.

but i need my truck first

heres some oics as i promised

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0326.jpg

DSCF0325.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

looking good ... looks like u might be the founding memeber of a pt cruiser club there in the background...

so im gonna try to get some body work done on her this weekend. tired of seeing her just parked outside my house. i actually cried this morning as i came home from work and saw this sexy beast just chilling goin no where...good news is im getting a huge refund from my old insurance company and i am super stoked to throw that money into a savings acct for my carbs and fuel pump. also does any one know how to wire up a dual point distributor? thats electronic and not magneto? grabbed one from you pull it and was in a rush and clipped the wires so idfk where anything goes. if some one can give me a hand with that i would love them for ever...talyn you are excluded...but long story short im tired of just staring and wishing when i could be doing.

awww and I was gonna volenteer as well :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

so i have found everything else i need to build my motor. after i get the carb kit, every week i will be ordering my parts (stage 6 cam, electric water pump, 4 row radiator, adjustable cam pully, chromoly flywheel and so on) so soon this thing will be starting up again and every one will get to see and hear my car kick some ass

• 1 month later...

So a friend of mine informed me that I had been hated on recently because I dont post any updates...well guess what kid, I have NOTHING to update because I have to save the money to buy the parts I need before I can update.

Theres this thing called life that kinda gets in the way when your an adult.

haha parts list for you jalen so you can see exactly what im talking about

triple weber deluxe kit from racetep.com ($1864.00 + shipping)

mallory unilite dizzy from thezstore.com ($638.95)

xr-3000 thezstore.com ($139.95)

electric water pump ($239.95)

stock replacement aluminum radiator with dual fans ($429.95)

motorsport tbc header no smog fittings ($319.95)

performance cam stage 4 .495/.495 at 290/290 duration ($249.95)

performance valve spring kit for stage 4 cam ($169.95)

lash pad kit ($84.95)

spec stage 3+ racing clutch ($440.10)

then theres paint breaks and honestly im getting tired of typing all this out...but do you get the point now? im building a race car so im buying some expensive shit.

motorsport tbc header no smog fittings ($319.95)

Would recommend against the MSA header if you're planning on running your car low. Mine is not that low at all, and I scrape it pretty regularly. I'll try to take a picture of how low it sits when I get home, but the bottom of my MSA header is easily the lowest point on my car.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Would recommend against the MSA header if you're planning on running your car low. Mine is not that low at all, and I scrape it pretty regularly. I'll try to take a picture of how low it sits when I get home, but the bottom of my MSA header is easily the lowest point on my car.

yeah ive thought about that as well. most of the headers for z cars are a bit...long...i think im gonna have my friend just make me a custom "blockhugger" style header like on sb chevs. they work in my grampas 10s vette...should work in my z lol. and just a status update, car has been lowered to almost lowest (damn bumpstops got in the way) so i gotta do my research and find some shorter strut cartridges (thinking miata?) and choppin my strut tubes and doin coilovers.

any suggestions?

btw will post oics later, gotta get the truck running again...once that pos is outta the way i can focus on my car again. last thing on the absolutely needs list for the truck is a trans rebuild. then i wipe my hands clean of it and get Z BEAST running again.

so i was cleaning out my shed and found a set of tokico struts...one of the rear ones is blown...but this deff saves me some money haha just gotta order that replacement and start chopping and get my coilovers on. i might be picking up 2 complete parts cars, 1 240 and 1 280. both have rebuilt motors but also have something wrong (rearend is blown in the 240 and theres something goin on with the 280) just hope i can get it before some one else jumps on it. the plan is to take the block from the 280 to replace my block, swap ver my n42 head with the mild cam, and steal the carbs from the 240. get it set up with electronic ignition and Accel performance (have heard alot of good things about these guys) slap some carbonfiber bodied fix backed racing seats and do up my roll cage and start goin to the track.

thats the plan anyway.

i need to get some oics up.

ill see what i can do abut that later on today, gotta go to practice

so quick update

im bidding on a set of su carbs for 100 bucks, just need a fuel rail and float bowl gaskets.

then i need to get my seats (fixed back) and some coilovers

will get pics today i promise lol

i work nights and get off at 630am so its kinda hard with other errands to run.

• 2 weeks later...