• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check it, new pics

paints the 17s bronze (might sell them)

download-1-1.jpg

tuckin in the rear, still gotta get the new strut inserts and some coilovers but im gettin to where i want it

download-3.jpg

Victory Pipe B)

download-2-1.jpg

some face time

download-4.jpg

traded my 240z hood for a 280z vented hood...i like it

download-5.jpg

my fav angle if you cant tell

download-6.jpg

being from arizona i dont see the beach much...my gf and i did comic-con international in SD and went to ocean side...one of the most beautiful things i have seen in my life

download.jpg

beach time with the girlfriend

download-7.jpg

so i lost the bid...triples here i come. 2 grand to save up to and i still need coilovers and seats

Unless your planning purchasing them brand fucking new there's always sets for sale on hybrid and every so often on the eBay. I bought mine (w/motor n goodies) for 700 they just needed a rebuild for a 100 more, total 800. Everyone on this forum knows the z store is probably thee most overpriced place to by anything lol, just search and wait you'll find a a deal.

yeah thats true, the triples i am talkin about comes with everything i need to bolt it all up and go, carbs tuned and jetted, lines, pump, everything! thats why i was gonna go with that kit, its 1863 and some change, but thats fine...i might sell my truck to get more monies for the car and buy another datsun truck after im done...ish haha

carbs will be here on wednesday (fingers crossed) still need a fuel rail, if any one has one please lmk im willing to pay lol

gonna get some fixed back seats, get this car running, and start working on a surprise project, (no spoilers talyn)

but i wanna get this runnng and lookin good to daily drive it, what ive got coming is going to be the race project :)

daphnie will always be my baby tho, she was my first datsun after all lol

got my carbs in today, 2 days early! pretty excited, gonna work tomorrow to get em in, gotta get the right bolts for the head for this manifold and then a new gasket, and i still need a fuel rail...think ill try to get up early tomorrow and hit the junkyards before practice...unless some one has one i could purchase? eh? lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

got the carbs in night before last, yesterday i went and looked at the surprise...and saddly it was an 80 somethin zx, 2+2...ugly, anyway...im gonna do a little more work to her today or tomorrow and post some oics of what ive got goin on.

btw big thanks goes to That One Guy with that one motor that hes just giving me lol, kinda owes me tho ;)

also big thanks to an old gear head who hates imports of any kind for allowing us to go thru the zx, we shall be back monday to snoop thru the rest of it.

why has no one told you not to use the Miata struts yet?

use MK1 VW front inserts for the front, and use stock-length front inserts for the rear. shortest shit you can get, and will let you lay frame with suspension travel and still using stock upper mounts. I just built a set for my bud, here is his car:

7545170820_2afabecccc_c.jpg

hit me up if you want help on suspension set-up and advice.

also, you don't absolutely need a fuel rail, it just helps with keeping heat out of the fuel if you wrap it. if you just want to get it runnig, just get an FPR with two fuel outlets and run rubber hose to both carbs.

got the carbs in night before last, yesterday i went and looked at the surprise...and saddly it was an 80 somethin zx, 2+2...ugly, anyway...im gonna do a little more work to her today or tomorrow and post some oics of what ive got goin on.

btw big thanks goes to That One Guy with that one motor that hes just giving me lol, kinda owes me tho ;)

also big thanks to an old gear head who hates imports of any kind for allowing us to go thru the zx, we shall be back monday to snoop thru the rest of it.

And extra head, and oil pan, and exhaust manny, and finding you those carbs.

Hmmm who owes whom? :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

not getting spark...not sure why...replaced all fuses and have tried a few different dizzys, i got a new battery and plugs and all that...last idea is to set it up how it was when i had it running...using a crane cam box with the optical ignition system (ran perfectly that way) i ordered the xr700 and im hoping that this will get me some spark. we shall see...more updates coming

• 7 months later...

People are going to probably dislike this next post, give me all the shit you want, I said I wouldn't do this but after what I've seen I can't imagine anything else being so gnarly.

There is an LT1 in the future for my 72, my truck is practically gone, so I'm going to focus solely on my s30.

Say what you will...its my car, my way, I'm building a full on monster :)

yeah thats true, the triples i am talkin about comes with everything i need to bolt it all up and go, carbs tuned and jetted, lines, pump, everything! thats why i was gonna go with that kit, its 1863 and some change, but thats fine...i might sell my truck to get more monies for the car and buy another datsun truck after im done...ish haha

he was talking about triples but they may of been 40''s not quite sure