the only 710sedan ever made

i present to you the only remaining picture of the car that won my heart. 2011-07-01203608.jpg

i found this car for sale in 1999 i was 15 and thought points where a breed of dog. it was 300 bucks and it just so happend i had the cash, i called the kid that was selling it and we met up and he sighned it over. no license and open header made for a nervous ride home. my dad come out and with a huff and a puff tried to blow my car down, soon he came to the conclusion that while i didnt pick up on everything he tried to teach me stubborness had stuck and he was a hell of a teacher. the darn thing was giving me all sorts of problems, and after a few days he was out there helping me tune my new car. he timed it and showed me how, we changed the points cap yada yada and i absorbed as much as i could. when it came time to tune the side drafts he was just wingin it, neither of us had seen webber side drafts before. the day i got my licence i came home with a lust to take my super loud datsun out for a joy ride, but.. it was gone. i didnt realy freakout untill my dad got home and didnt know any thing about it. i called the cops and it turns out a tweeker had hotwired it and made it about 3 miles before he was stopped and arrested for possesion. the next day we went down and picked her up and trailered it home. i started it up and instantly noticed it sounded way way different so i killed it and walked inside flustered and pissed almost crying, my dad asked what the fuck my problem as and i told him my motor was blown. vented for like half an hour while he ate his sandwich and he finaly gave in and siad "fuck ok ill getup and come look at your fucking car" as i got into my 710 and flicked the keys he heard it start and looked me in the eye shook his head took a peak under the car got back up and walked away. i was puzzeled, and after a few minutes a went to see where he went to find him watching wresling, "hey can you help me?" he looked up and smiled and said "you dont need any help that i can give, your car sounds like shit couse theres 6 feet of conduit clamped to the header" so i went out side and came to terms with the fact that i knew nothing about cars and should bury this one in the back yard asap.

now i had a license, a bad ass datsun, and verry little skill diving at all so i turned to my big brother to teach me how to drift, he , some what jelous of my 710 jumped at the chance to drive it. larch mountin is verry close to our farm at he time so he drove me up and ran me through the basics, i still havnt mached the feeling of that first cookie, or first scandanavian flick. much fun insued. so i dove my 710 without a single problem for three years, cocky with unrefined urges to race any and every thing that came up next to me.

On a dark and stormy afternoon i headed out to the dalles, mist flying out of my wheel wells like a contrial as i drove my little rocket ship down i84, my speedo was glued to 135 and the lack of visability only fueled my need to feel badass, so pushed her a little harder and some how made it the 100 miles in 43 minutes passing trucks at twice their speed without being able to see and realy retarded shit like that. To bad i was such a tard, that motor never started again. i tried putting a breaker bar on the crank and broke some rings and junked my already bored out block, i will coninue with motor 2 shortly

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

motor2

having already fell in love with my 710 i knew that i had to get a motor in it. At this point i started looking into this whole "Datsun" thing. i never found a picture of a 710 eggzachery like mine, but i did run into a lady at fredmeyers driving a brown and tan b210 and i talked to her for i while and she told me her husband built it and then detuned it so hat it would run on pump gas. she showed me her motor and it was just like mine, l20b with a header and two webber side drafts i expained how i needed a motor and she gave me a number to a jy in damascus where her freind had a few. My dad, tired of my datsun shananagenz already, reluctanly drove me to he jy and even told me wich motor to get and it only cost me 100 bucks. At this point im all reved up ready to swap my new go box in and it seamed to take a year to get home. I ripped the motor out with out a snag everything was double nutted and all the bolts seemed new. the first thing i noticed was that the oil pan was different, no problem i thought and swapped them and the oil pickup . in he process i notices that the crank in my original motor was way different but didnt realy know why it make a difference. then i went to put my intake on and noticed that my new heads ports where way smaller and i hadn even thought about looking when i bought it, so i just put a gasket on it and had taken care of he exoust about the same way. puting the motor in i realized the motor mounts where different so my dad made me some new one for he motor side and i bolted it in . all wired up and plumbed i sat it the cockpit anxius dirty hopefull and tired clutching my new ignition swich that was dangling from my busted collom , slowly i turned the screw driver stopping at each click with a breif pouse at each one finaly finding spring tension i turned her over rehrahrahrahrraahhrrrraaaahhhh for about twenty minutes pumping the gas, holding the gas trying lots of different things but mostly with the gas pedal untill the the battery was dead. i charged the battery and bugged my dad , both to the brink of exploding , and the old man came to help me again. Now i know what your thinking after all the help he gave me this far he should realy love datsuns, but for some reason he tried to hide his love through profain burst abou how japanese fuck you this way and rape you that way and it got to the point where he was actuly using "datsun" as a curse word. it wasnt untill i told him about the many differences i found that we started making alittle head way. we found a stock intake with a 32/36 and just ran the header all over sized as we could find a nother header. amazingly i started he first try after we putt the webber on and i was the happeist kid in he world. naturaly i went for a spin, my first thought.... dissapointment. I guess i didnt realy understand why my new motor wasnt any thing like my old motor so for about a year i delt with it the best that i could, by beating he fuck out of i and my beloved car.

So its the summer of 2004 and i decided to start building engine number 3, wich i used my original head on and bired out 30 over(rather had bored out) and my dad spent some time showing me how to build one. we gad the motor almost all done when he told me to get the oil pan off my old motor and i expained hiw it and the crank where different and he wanted to see the weird crank i spoke of . well in his opinion it was the crank to use so we took motor number three back apart and sen it back i the machine shop to resize the cank journals. with motor three assembled it took about 2 house to swap, dad came back over for the tune and i was verry edited to get back out on the road with a full stable again. i came out of my hood sideways loving life, i stopped in he field i bought her in and did some victory cookies. but how long can one ride the wave of delight? ill get back to you.

what happened to the conduit ?

ahh yes the conduit. when i swapped in my second motor i cut it off and foolishly threw it into the scrap pile and welded some real exoust on.( and by real i mean 2 feet of galvanized cylcone fence post and a glass pack)
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

about halfway back home....

... squealing..

jurking....

stopping sideways in the road dead. i pushed her into the bus turn out and ran home. my dad towed me home with a willies overland that stopped realy fast at low speeds. the 710 didnt at this point. witch led to a small crack in my grill and a small crease in my hood. After we got home we pushed her into the back yard and tarped it up, my dad tried to turn it over my hand and said it was frozen solid.

it sat for 3 months before i went to idaho for work and 3 more while i was there, when one day i got a call from my little brother who asked if he could put a motor in it and drive it to school.

i knew no one else in his class could drive yet and it would make him pretty cool( i also knew he knew way more about motors and drove a hell of alot better, hes finnish or something) so i said he could but upon my return he would have to drive the 84 dime i was rockin.

he agreed and i fergot all about it.....

a week later

im in an apartment in lewiston idaho over he water bed store drinking on the roof/balcony when i get a call from my brother danny.

when it rang i thought he got it running and answered in a bright and cheery "sup man!"

but the tone of his abrupt and lingering " hey "

i felt like crap all of a sudden

" you wreched my car " i said in a rasp monotone doing my best not to wimper.

yep.

he said

"how bad"? i asked

i rolled it

he replied

....... a no shitting 20 scond pouse

how bad? i asked again

three times down a cliff o doom at jones creek bad

he said

can we fix it? i asked all hope yet in shock

well...

he said

the windsheild didnt brake! and i did drive it home!

his tone improving in bounds.

so for

another month i tried to not think about it but when i got home i was supprized to find it in the drive way in much better then expected condition.( i found these yesterday diggin through my stock pile sorry bad pics of bad picks but shit man )2011-08-29215453.jpg

2011-08-29215430.jpg2011-08-29215510.jpg cant tell but every body line was flat, creases every where and what my brother confeseed to as two gallons of bondo, every window was plexi exept the windsheild( becouse we save that for subies) and it ran like a champ. it looked like it took abbit to fit the tires but it didnt realy matter in this case.

i drove it hard after that, out of regret and remorse mostly, and soon noticed nothing worked.

it dro e loose and like shit, and all the rear body seams where broke lose and bent all crazy.

it was hard to deal with and im ashamed to say i traded it off in a moment of weekness for what i thought was a l series powered b210 gx( i didnt even look to be honest the only one id ever seen was mrs.

hearts) guy pulled up said wana trade i jumped on it thinking he must have ben nuts

so i had a b210. it sucked i totaly regreted it the next week. my brother was kinda pissed too. a couple weeks latter i found the kid and tried to buy and or trade back and he just smirked and told me it seized up so he scrapped it.

my heart sank.

she was gone and it was all my fault for letting her go.

so i did the only thing i could.

dropped a 12a wankel in the sunny and rallied the piss out of it. 2011-08-29215521.jpg

the end.

or is it ?

2011-08-29190051.jpg dunt dunt duuuuhhhh!

nice story man maybe i should write up a condenced version of my datto story and put it here

fuck yeah you should, i couldnt find the new years thread, so i dont know what happend there realy but when i saw the door had skinned the passenger seat i as like :o " man lucky no one was ridin there" then you said there was and he was fine... i was like :o :o :o , but i would def like the back story on you 610s

fuck yeah you should, i couldnt find the new years thread, so i dont know what happend there realy but when i saw the door had skinned the passenger seat i as like :o " man lucky no one was ridin there" then you said there was and he was fine... i was like :o :o :o , but i would def like the back story on you 610s

theres a condensed version in this section now basicly i got the yellow car for a graduation gift it had been handed down threw 3 generations i loved the car to death took good care of it did some mods then it got destroied by a f#&king illegal with no licence then thanks to ratsun i found a new body and swapped everything over piece by piece in the driveway on my back with no air tools