VG turbo with intercooler and custom intake manifold.

cjr198car

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet that thing is fun to drive,The only thing I dont like is the inner-cooler sticking out in the open. Pretty hard to get around that. Im researching going supercharged vg-30 or more likely vg-33,very early in the developmental stages.A blower belt and supercharger sticking out of the hood dosent look stock either but my next car is gonna be not to show,just to go.

Friggin sweet!!! Whats your wheel tire combo? Thats EXACTLY the look Im going for. Are those works or drags? What size and offset? what struts? what size tire? Do they rub under hard cornering? Also, are your rear fenders pulled/stretched?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bet that thing is fun to drive,The only thing I dont like is the inner-cooler sticking out in the open. Pretty hard to get around that. Im researching going supercharged vg-30 or more likely vg-33,very early in the developmental stages.A blower belt and supercharger sticking out of the hood dosent look stock either but my next car is gonna be not to show,just to go.

awesome.

5897.JPG

Damn that loks fun.. I keep seeing some tt's but I don't know if they'd fit. Never thought about a single.

Can't you mount the intercooler like behind the grill?

I imagine it would be kinda difficult, depending on where the turbo is. FMIC is the sex though

Thanks! The intercooler placement was based on a look I wanted, but its extremely functional.

I wasnt doubting its functionality.... I was just wondering if it was possible to tuck it away nicely..

Nothing really forced me I just had it in my mind that I would do an external intercooler using the factory bumper and spoiler to box it in. If I were to run the intercooler in front of the radiator I would have to use a different radiator since the current one I have would be to large to pass the IC pipes around it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Hoping for some good photos in the near future. The clutch just let go @ 14 psi of boost. New clutch has been purchased. Ive also been chasing a few brake gremlins, but I think they are gettting worked out. Im replacing the stock brake assembly switch with a sweet wilwood unit. The radiator is a one off piece (I cant remeber the specs). Hope to have more updates in the next month.

• 1 month later...