The next episode.

izzo

lolllll...thats always the last place i look for tools i was using during wrench sessions  right before a road test...many times i have had to stop after something has rolled out and fell out from under the truck...but your right under normal driving things seem to stay put there.... i have found many a stow away on the firewall in my truck/...goon looks god ... now for the lows it already....moar lows needed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I was thinking just that at your work the other day when I was there my friend :rofl:

Moar lower is on the way Jrock.  Ordered new ball joints for the front. I need to come up with some coin for roll center adjusters.  After that my plan is to cut the purches and lower them two inches, and maybe a coil.

Problem is, I don't know how much travel the inserts have left at stock height. If i lower it 2-3 inches in the front, are they going to bottom out? If that's the case I'll have to buy shorter inserts and shorten the strut tubes.  I'm not afraid of cutting and welding those as its tits ass easy.  But then I need to come up with $ for inserts.  Priority wise, I have other things I need to pay for first.  So my stable only gets what is really needed these days, like  brakes, tires, ball joints etc.

And at that point, if I'm going to cut the purches and lower them, then I might as well just get inserts and cut two inches out of the strut tubes anyways.

Need to run my compressor and blow out all the crud on the firewall, also inside the cowl area.  I cleaned out the leaves and drain tubes, but the little drainage on the firewall is clogged.  Need to get that cleaned out before it causes rust.

Ha, I guess.  Wasn't hoping to do it this weekend but looks like I get to anyways.  Hopefully all goes well and get it finished.  Ordered new cylinders for the B today and new brake shoes for it.  So I'll be daily driving that now till the wagon swap is done.

Pulled the drums off the killa b... Removed adjusters, freed them up and re-lubed them.  they work like they should again. Napa got me the wrong cylinders and brake shoes :(  Luckily tho, the cylinders still work and the shoes were actually not that bad.  Guess Ill just get my money back. Need to do a little more adjusting on the back brakes, but they work a lot better now.  Adjusted the E brake cable too, e-brake works again.  Brake light still half lit up on dash board...

As for the goon.  I got the manual pedals installed, and the clutch master cylinder.  Tomorrow when I wake up, after I make a pot of coffee. I will remove the motor and trans... Install flywheel, clutch, dogleg.  Make some 1" spacers for the trans crossmember and install.  Need to measure the spot for the shifter as there's no pre-made hole in the floor of the goon.   Installing the manual brake pedal is the biggest pain in the dick I have ever had working on a car.  Getting that return spring back into place is a nightmare.  Next time I do something like this, I will just remove the pedal box all together and install it out of the car.

On the bright side!  Got a rebuilt A14 motor.  Pics below. Don't mind the dirt, the intake manifold just wasn't covered. Going to get the compressor going soon and blow cylinders out, head out, clean, paint, install!

IMAG0207_zps71c1fe9c.jpg
IMAG0206_zpsc471d92f.jpg

Don`t forget the brake lines and such run along the passenger side of top of hump.. when you cuts a bitch

Haven't forgot.  Plan is to crawl under the car, and drill a hole from under neath, so I know where to stop.  Of course I am going to do it just over from the brake lines to give me some room. 

Working on it fast as I can, would be nice to have an extra hand around to help :rofl:

One hand on my dong sweet Jesus

One hand on my dong.

Sittin' down working on my wagon type station

One hand on my dong.

Passenger side on front. Driver side rear. Almost done modding cross member. Then cutting hole and stuffing trans. Then just to hook up driveline, exhaust, clutch line. Bleeding, adjusting, and driving.