Elmer's 510 goon

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

time the motor to spec first. and see if that fixes it first if its just off abit.

my book says the Vacuum Switch Valve could be bad(by the BCDD). This makes the dizzy go to full advand in forth gear or 5th if 5 speed. Its a emissions thing.

the trans has the switch. either short the wire or open it to by pass it. Book says you can do it by the carb( to ck) but you could short it or open it there to bypass this and should work fine.

PM me and let me know if it fixes it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesn't help that you are in the rainiest place in the US haha. Find the leak and caulk it up man. 30 year old 2000 pound japanese econoboxes are lucky to not be rusted through, much less have a few little leaks :P

Yea, I know, just got me ticked off. This car has been chewing on my wallet now it was dripping on me on the way to work. It couldn't leak on the passenger side! Damp thing was dripping on both hands at the wheel and the shifter! I think it was tryin to tell me something!

Haha man i know how you feel. My $100 car is going to nickel and dime me to death. Whenever shit seems to be going well and i'm having fun driving it something else seems to go wrong and piss me off... Ah well, worth it for the weird looks i get driving it around :P

It truly is a labor of love. It does kinda suck when your car leaks all over place though. My turn signals stopped working one at a time months apart. I just hand signal now :P I think I've spent close to a hundred dollars on coolant in the last two months due to various hoses bursting and the radiator blowing out slowly.

I think I've spent close to a hundred dollars on coolant in the last two months due to various hoses bursting and the radiator blowing out slowly.

Ha i literally just installed an overflow yesterday, tired or dumping coolant in it. Only been daily driving a few weeks now though so the bill hasn't been too crazy...

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far this is the fixed list:

turn signals and marker lights

brakes front and back

front brake lines

monroe airshocks on the back

monroe strut cartrages in the front

front end allinment

rims and cooper cobra tires 205/50R13's

tint

Issues:

still no power to the dash other than lights

interior needs help

still need to sound deaden

front seats

who knows what else will pop up.

still need to fix the leak

she is driving a whole hell of a lot better tho and she tips the scales at 2760lbs.

• 1 month later...

I have a Milwaukee die grinder laying around here someplace i could let you borrow , Then all you need is a good quality aluminum cutter bit and a gasket to size it and those ports aint got a chance in hell of not getting bigger..

My new avatar is really starting to creep me out.......fer reals

Dude i was just scrolling down and looking at that picture thinking about how much it was creeping me out......

I have a Milwaukee die grinder laying around here someplace i could let you borrow , Then all you need is a good quality aluminum cutter bit and a gasket to size it and those ports aint got a chance in hell of not getting bigger..

My new avatar is really starting to creep me out.......fer reals

I was thinking the goon, L20b, but if they are too small then I will trade it off for other parts. And yes SW gauges :D

It would be perfectly matched to an A87 head. You could port match it to the larger U67 or W58 if you wanted, don't think it would make much difference really. The smaller ports would keep the air flow speed up at mid speeds but may restrict higher RPM power. Would give good mileage and throttle response around town. Big head, big Weber, small intake probably not a perfect combination.

It would be perfectly matched to an A87 head. You could port match it to the larger U67 or W58 if you wanted, don't think it would make much difference really. The smaller ports would keep the air flow speed up at mid speeds but may restrict higher RPM power. Would give good mileage and throttle response around town. Big head, big Weber, small intake probably not a perfect combination.

I figured about as much, I think Ill put it up for trade for other parts for the goon.

For an L20B (and using the L16/18 square port exhaust) the '78-'79 620 and the '80 720 L20B intake is perfect. No one likes them because they have the EGR shit on them so you should get one cheap. You do not want the earlier '75-'77 intakes as they are bolted to the exhaust manifold and won't work if separated.