bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based on the language and some stuff I see in there, he's in Belgrade. :D

Those are Datsun 180B's. Only called 610's in the USA, but still the 610 series. For the home Japan market they were the Bluebird U's and basically in the rest of the world outside of the US they were called 180B's.

180=1800cc and B for Bluebird = 180B!

For the US market Bluebird probably did not sound masculine enough, just like the Fairlady Z's. Mr. K sure read the US market well.

That one looks to be a SSS that came with the dual Hitachi carbs. Interesting air intake though. Sort of like the EFI version without the fuel injection! The earlier ones had an air box like the RHD versions, but slightly smaller to clear the brake booster on the LHD models. Sadly, no SSS dual carb 610's were marketed in the US.

I seem to think that it is also in Yugoslavia. If my Dad were still alive, I could have confirmed it instantly since he was Serbian and spoke fluently, but I did not pick it up, only the curse words.....:lol:

Nice to see restoration on these worldwide! :cool:

I seem to think that it is also in Yugoslavia. If my Dad were still alive, I could have confirmed it instantly since he was Serbian and spoke fluently, but I did not pick it up, only the curse words.....:lol:

In one of his other videos it shows where he works, Googled that and it says it's in Belgrade, so... :P

Edited by datsunfreak
In one of his other videos it shows where he works, Googled that and it says it's in Belgrade, so... :P

Yeah, Belgrade is the capitol of Serbia. Nice to see my fellow ancestors working hard on their 610's! Maybe one of them is my Uncle or something? :lol:

My Dad would have got a kick out that video, since he had a 610 back in the mid 70's, which started my whole 610 madness. First car I ever drove when I was about 8 years old was his 610. Well, steered anyway. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Was thatthe only 610/180B there????

Yeah, last year at least there was an orange 610 goon along with my green goblin 180B sss :D

I was all alone in the 610 section but got to be next to the really nice Ken Mary! Notice the wrong fenders for the 73? Can sort of get away with the sheet metal covers on a race car:rolleyes:

Unfortunately too many people are abandoning their 610's or trying to sell them off. Hopefully we can get Bonvo and Zero out next time to represent more 610's. I know there's more out there, but they are hiding.

well im not abandoning mine thats for sure ill be down next year if it kills me and i did notice the sheet metal covers with a little work those could look factory and turn 74 fenders into 73 ones

Next year I'm gonna go outside and take pictures in the parking lot!

So the plain fenders make it a 1973?

Did you guys see the photos of this 610 that was at Canby in June? He's planning on fitting full fiberglass fenders so maybe you can get the steel ones from him.

20090614130514DSC07110.jpg?t=1255145762

well im not abandoning mine thats for sure ill be down next year if it kills me and i did notice the sheet metal covers with a little work those could look factory and turn 74 fenders into 73 ones

Spoken like a real 610 fanatic! Good eye on the sheet metal covers. Did you notice the rear side marker grey plastic blanking plates? Those are what come on the Aussie cars. They are not even wired for side marker lights in the rear. lites can be easily spliced in to the wiring harness though, that's what I am going to do on the 180B.:D

Maybe you can grab those fenders from Frankenstein if he is going to swap to the fiberglass ones. I might try and get fiberglass ones for the blue one that has those 74 ones on it with the sheet metal covers.