610s unite!!!!!!

bonvo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if this car belongs to someone here, but I see this thing tooling around the Hermosa/Redondo Beach area. Anybody recognize this thing?

reddat.jpg

Did anyone else notice the totally badass scooter behind it? I think its Italian! :P

Also, does this nose fit on the 620, and is this thing the skyline elsewhere?

KFD

I don't know if this car belongs to someone here, but I see this thing tooling around the Hermosa/Redondo Beach area. Anybody recognize this thing?

reddat.jpg

Did anyone else notice the totally badass scooter behind it? I think its Italian! :P

KFD

Jaimesix, paging jaimesix. You've been discovered...

KFD

I believe they were known as the "Violet"... we never got any of the "Skyline" bodies.... alot of other places got the C110 Skyline's as Datsun 240K's and they came with L24's.

Guest jaimesix

reddat.jpg

KFD

Hi.

Yes, it is my "SKYLINE":D.

Bonvo, Zerow and friends, Why are you guys calling my car a 710?? It is a SKYLINE!!!!:)

Thanks KDF, it is a Datsun 710. I live in the area, constantly reminding all the modern plastic car drivers that Datsuns are here to stay!!!

The Datsun 710, had its counterpart IRS car sold in other parts of the world as "Datsun Violet" (Japan), "160JSSS" (L16 engine ) , "160USSS" ( same as 160JSSS , but in South Africa.).

There was a non IRS version ( same as the US 710 ) in Mexico ( "Datsun 710", but with a "J" series OHV engine ). A "Datsun 140J", which was the non IRS version with the "L 14" powerplant. A "Datsun 160J", which was the non IRS Datsun 710 as in US, but with the "L 16" engine.( The SSS designation included the "L 16 " engine, plus the IRS configuration.)

In Japan, the first ever turbo nissan in production was the "Datsun Violet Turbo", which is a legendary Datsun Violet with the "L" series engine,. turbocharged. It was such a legend that there are toy cars made for it. Look out for Nissan/Datsun Violet Turbo.

Well, my humble Datsun 710 may not be IRS, nor a turbo charged version, but it makes heads turn as it cruises the strrets of the south bay in style!!!

There is a Datsun 200SX S10 at the gas station on PCH at Aviation. I see it there quite often, I think it belongs to a mechanic there. I have gone there with my camera several times, but whenever I have the camera and my 710 to take pixes, it is not there, I guess that 200SX is camera shy:rolleyes:

Jaime._________________________________________________

Hi.

Yes, it is my "SKYLINE":D.

Bonvo, Zerow and friends, Why are you guys calling my car a 710?? It is a SKYLINE!!!!:)

Never called it a "710", I know them to be Violets...!

Still a damn clean car...

Jaime! I have spoken to you in person before... I am usually on my skateboard or the Aprilia... I remember the datsun you speak of! In fact, a few hours after I took the pics of your old dat, I saw the 'Mobil station' Car....

mysterydat.jpg

Later

KFD

Guest jaimesix
Jaime! I have spoken to you in person before... I am usually on my skateboard or the Aprilia... I remember the datsun you speak of! In fact, a few hours after I took the pics of your old dat, I saw the 'Mobil station' Car....

mysterydat.jpg

Later

KFD

Hi.

Yes, the Datsun network is taking over the city, that is cool. I know a guy that lives around Artesia and Felton that has a cool 620 truck, lowered, silver wheels and very nice, the color is a pale green, I believe it is a factory color, cool.

Nice bike, those Italian bikes are awesome, definitely in my wish list. Congratulations.

That elusive 200SX is the one I am talking about, yes. The paint is not shiny, but the body is solid, not dented, great project.

If I learn of a 620 in town, I will let you know.

Enjoy the weather, ride safely!!!!

Never called it a "710"' date=' I know them to be Violets...!

[/quote']

Imagine having the real monster Violet Turbo!!!!:) a trip to japan is mandatory, the only way to see what is lurking behind the scenes.....I would love to go the the Tokyo Classic Auto Show.....yes!!!!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

I know a guy that lives around Artesia and Felton that has a cool 620 truck, lowered, silver wheels and very nice, the color is a pale green

jeremy620.jpg

You mean that truck? Yeah, that is Jeremy's truck. I am not sure if he is on here or not, but his truck what got me into old Datsuns!

Later

KFD

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

Yes, that 's it, Jeremy's.

Very nice 620. I love those trucks, my father bought a brand new one back in 75, which my older brother got when he got 18....( while all I got was a moped...:mad: ) 620s are always in my list.

Cool!!!

Jaime._____________________________________________________

i have made a recent discovery that my 610 brothers might like to know a radiator for a 83 720 pickup is almost a perfect fit you will need to make some cool brakets but it is perfect height wise its a little wide but again thats where the cool brackets come in. the mounting holes in the radiator are almost a straight shot to the headlight bucket mounts it could work and i might get one for cheap

Guest jaimesix

Cool piece of info.

Thanks Bonvo.

I will keep it in mind for future reference. My 610 rad was ok, I got it out of the car and pressure tested and professionaly cleaned.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix

Nice You Tube video. It is a Datsun meet in Au, some cool Datsuns, amongst those, a nice sedan 610 ( check it out Zerow!!), a nice 120Y/B210 and other cool Datsuns.

This white 180B/610 is the same 180B in Car Domain, I think his name there is Loxsinc, ro smtg like that.

Cool.

Jaime.____________________________________________________

***edit***

Check this out!!!! This sedan rocks!!!! the coolest 610 video I've seen thus far!!!!

Edited by jaimesix
Nice You Tube video. It is a Datsun meet in Au, some cool Datsuns, amongst those, a nice sedan 610 ( check it out Zerow!!), a nice 120Y/B210 and other cool Datsuns.

This white 180B/610 is the same 180B in Car Domain, I think his name there is Loxsinc, ro smtg like that.

Cool.

***edit***

Check this out!!!! This sedan rocks!!!! the coolest 610 video I've seen thus far!!!!

Sedan overload! Both are equally nice! Thanks for the vids!

Guest jaimesix

Very cool huh???

I knew you would like it, nice video, and great performance with an L series.

Like any other Datsun sedan model, ( 4 door 810s, 710's, 210's, B210's, early and late 510's etc...) sedans make great sports cars, not only in performance, but in re good looks.

This fast sedan looks awesome!!!!!!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Awesome ride!!!

That FI would be perfect for my 610. That suspension looks great too, no roll whatsoever. What kind of suspension does it have, if you know, Fly510???

Jaime.______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
Not sure sorry, but this is his Profile if you want to contact him.

Cool.

I tried to check OZ Dat but I am not a member, so the site would not allow me in.

I registered, so as soon as OZ Dat sends me a confirmation, I will go there and check it out.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jaimesix

I recently read in the for sale section that this nice agon went up for sale a while ago......too bad:(

Jaime._________________________________________________________

How is the cool wagon doing these days???

Jaime.________________________________________________

if i remember correctly he tried to sell it and someone stole it on a test drive