My new 521

I've had this for a couple of weeks now just getting around to postin some pics...

Here is the first day i got it

newone.jpg

Not much has changed as I wanted the flat black just a few personal touches

2011-05-30193035.jpg

The dash was rotted out so i got some saddle makers to cover my old one

2011-05-30192805.jpg

It has the red and white already but takin it out to swap to all brown leather everyone says im crazy and i know there's critics everywhere but its all preference

2011-05-30192730.jpg

customized the ouside with my logo and the jay-pan flag

2011-05-30192659.jpg

2011-05-30192710.jpg

there she is...got third place in the local car show(mini truck category) behind some mag cover trucks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the "ville" is 2 hours east of mephika tenn...probably sell the panels and seat and find some buckets and customize those. First thing i need to do is get it to stop its on the verge of no brakes at all, i like the idea of disk brakes and have the 17" wheels to allow it but i love my factory reds

Mike Klotz sells disc brake plates to put 1985-86 nissan 720 vented rotors and calipers on our king pin trucks and still run the stock 14" wheels. He also sells spacers to allow you to use 620 front bearings. To bad your not closer, your door panels and seat are desirable.

sorry for takin so long to reply the dash was idea i got from an old piece of luggage. I want to finish it but i only get scraps from the saddles so its gonna be awhile for the panels. and to the man in memphis when i take on the doors ill give you first chance at them, as for the seat its up in the air on whether to redo the bench or go with buckets because sometime the family goes for a ride in ol danny boy(my new nickname for it). As for the tires i seen some one on youtube who sanded on the sidewalls to give a much wider whitewall...has anyone here had any luck on this? I think you can tell from the picture that some of the black around the white strip is fading out and im a cheap bastard and dont wanna spend the money on it.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry i havent been here in awhile guys thanks for the props...my little datsun is down:mad: . I decided to put a days work in on tuning it up and it went the other way. With valve stem seals in hand i tore in to danny boy. And like a DA it didnt cross my my that the 1600 was ohc, and i didnt feel like tackling something i wasnt to familiar with. After buttoning down i attempted to adjust the carb, bad idea as i was in a whole lot worse shape after that. I had to get back to the house to get the kids with a ratsun that had a carb tuned by me that had no buisness tinckering with it...needless to say everytime i stopped it would die and after multiple times of this the starter gave up. so now i have a truck that wont start and if it did it wont stay running and my strange miracle both of them fixed themselves it smokes...:fu: Its all good though after christmas i will try it again.

BTW: anybody got a idea on keeping the timing chain in place as im removing the cam or is this impossible?