Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Indy your going for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember to cover the glass when welding and grinding. Nothing worse than melted windows. I hate when I do that :(

Hard core! Before you cut too much of the structural metal out, maybe weld in some quick cross supports to make sure nothing shifts? They seem to always put them in, in the hotrod magazines if major body surgery is happening. (Says the guy who doesn't own a welder. :D )

Hard core! Before you cut too much of the structural metal out, maybe weld in some quick cross supports to make sure nothing shifts? They seem to always put them in, in the hotrod magazines if major body surgery is happening. (Says the guy who doesn't own a welder. :D )

Very wise advise,

mad respect for your venture, nothing easy or fun to watch...lol. But Fisch makes a key point. If you can get measurments from a solid 510. An easy way is to go from right A pillar to the bottom of C pillar, and do the other side of course....get a number where they intersect, and compare to a car that straight......You look like you have great experince already...so dont take this as a negative...or me trying to show what I know. I dig helping people in the hobby...thats all. We all know how the net came become twisted by interpatation... good luck, Ill be watchin.

• 3 weeks later...

This project needs to stay cheap,, ,, using as many stock Datsun parts as possible.... :cool:

Although I would love to build a full tube frame chassis with dual front A-arms, and a Hartley H2 Hayabusa motor ...... :lol:

.... reality sets in with "what can be finished?" ....... .. I don't even think a Miata motor and/or front suspension fits in that category