un sticking a motor

Shagy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see I thought ATF also. I'm going to drain the oil and thought about filling the motor with ATF...just give it a good soaking for a week.

I've been reading stuff on the Marvel Oil forum...I think I might actually try it.

been reading stuff like this ... http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/469/

man ive heard of alot...

marvels mystery oil, tranny fluid, diesel fuel, allll kinds of stuff..

i worked on a dodge 440 motor that had been sitting for 12 years.. filled up the cylinders with tranny fluid and forgot about it for a week.

hooked up a battery to it, turned it over with the plugs out, and first crank it spun over like it was never stuck..

I was able to put some MMO in it yesterday...freaking 7/8" spark plugs and all I had (I thought was a 3/4")..then I found my 21mm socket...I pumped some in there and will let it sit for a few days then do it again. This weekend I'll try to turn the motor over.

If I can I'll also be pulling the intake manifold off and seeing what it looks like, I hope the carb stopped most of the mouse crap.

Well today I went to go see if the motor would move.....tried turning it clockwise...nothing. thought. I really don't want to snap the crank bolt. Tried turning it counter clockwise just thinking that I was going to loosen the crank bolt. I frlt something move....I didn't see anything though. So tried CW again and watched the pulley....it moved!!!! Then stopped :-( son of a bitch....

So went CCW and made one full rotation untill it stopped again then went CW with it and it never stopped again!!

Pulled the VC off and poured MMO over everything and continued to turn the motor by hand.

There is a bunch of stuff on top of the pistons from what I can tell. I looked @ the carb and I need to vaccum the mouse droppin out so they don't get in the motor.

I kind of felt like hooking my jump box up and cranking the motor to blow out the cylinders....but didn't.....

After sitting for 31 years, she's one step closer to running..