1970 Nissan Laurel project

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I've been away for 6 months and since being back I've been able to do very little to the Laurel. The first priority was getting my daily driver ('94 Isuzu Amigo) running decent... something not really obtainable since it's been pushing the dipstick out of the holder the last year and a half. So the next priority was a new vehicle. I happened upon a good deal on a 2011 Durango, which I was extremely impressed with... much more than the Nissan Pathfinder I was thinking of getting. Anyways, to get around to the point, I have only had time to do one thing since being back. Which was to try to fix the caster issue I've got. The front tires, despite having negative camber, have been wearing very bad on the outer edge of the tire. Knowing that my caster was causing this, I ended up rotating the coilover's top mount plate so I could try to fix it. I haven't driven it much since to see how it's wearing, but the initial tests I found it was much more stable than its been in corners. Here's a pic:

7505957600_3c34f3841a_z.jpg

On a side note... The best part of having a new vehicle, is that I finally have something to tow the Laurel around with!

• 2 weeks later...

Willdatsun: the C130 is nice. I still wish I could get one of those and put an RB25DET in it! That'd be a blast.

Since I'm going to be towing the Laurel soon, I weighed it today. With some stuff in the trunk it weighed 2560 lbs. It'll be good to get it out to some shows soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Skib: Thanks!

Well, again I have not had a chance to to anything directly to the Laurel... but I did have to get a couple of accessories for it:

7761940860_5518215803_b.jpg

I know the Durango's a little dirty here, but I'm finally ready to take the Laurel out to a couple of shows!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Hello.

I am a new member here with a car like yours.

Your car is not a 2000GX version. You have a 1800cc engine and a single carburetor (KC30). But 2000GX has a 2000cc G20 engine with 2 carburetors (KPC30).

And 2000GX has a tacho in the dashboard.

There is s version with G20 engine single carburetor (PC30).

Many Japanese owners were changing the dash board to look like 2000GX.

59eeb31s-1920.jpg

Edited by ZeroSports
  • Like 1

ZeroSports,

Damn that car looks good!

OP hasn't posted on here since 2012. I MAY have a pic or two of this car somewhere.....almost positive he took that to the Multi State Datsun Classic in 2012 and we met up with him.

Please start a thread and post up some more pics of that beautiful beast.

EDIT: Oops, just stumble on to you thread, gotta go look now.

Edited by KELMO
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, KELMO said:

ZeroSports,

Damn that car looks good!

OP hasn't posted on here since 2012. I MAY have a pic or two of this car somewhere.....almost positive he took that to the Multi State Datsun Classic in 2012 and we met up with him.

Please start a thread and post up some more pics of that beautiful beast.

EDIT: Oops, just stumble on to you thread, gotta go look now.

Yeah )) Thanks. Follow my post here. There is a full process of rebuilding.