Ratsun, what should i do!?

10 members have voted

1. 1. WHat engine goes where?

• KA the 510 L19 the 521
    • L19 the 510 and refresh the J13 in the 521

Ok, bottom line, my engine will be done very soon. Nice little L19.

But...i had an epiphany tonight at the SacDatsun/SacRatsun meet.

I still have a full KA swap sitting here.

I could KA the 510, and stick the L19 in the 521. A sick ratty little pickup with a nasty idle, and a smooth POWERFUL 510...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No nostalgia folks here huh? Hahaha, KA i was 'told' is good, had 90k on it or so, attempted a swap a few years ago but the injectors are all bad.

I know the question seems a little too obvious, but i dunno, i have a thing for odd shit, like the J13, 1300cc's of FURY!

Hmmm, a similar, but different question poll i put in the 521 forum got deleted???

If the 521 does have the J-13 in it, you're looking at two FULL engine swaps. None of the J13 stuff (mounts, etc) will work with the L engines. So neither will be a piece of cake. As much as I'd like to say drop the KA into the 510, and the L into the 521, it's a crap ton of work to do both swaps, so I'd just put the L19 into the 510 and call it good.

I think it's funny that the poll shows that everyone wants you to do the swap, but I believe they think it's a "cool" idea without taking into account all the work that will be involved.

Actually with the head I have and the way things end up i have closer to 10:1. Rebello racing confirmed ;)

I get 1853.79cc for an 87X78 bore and stroke. All stock parts on the bottom end are as I stated for compression with stock open and closed chamber heads. The head must be milled down a lot. Almost 2mm /0.080" or a combination of milling and some kind of flattop pistons. Ask him what the combustion chamber size in cc is.