Offy 4-barrel Manifolds

brodster

Maybe this is pretty dumb of me, but I didn't know you could still buy these things:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OFY-6262DP/

http://www.jegs.com/i/Offenhauser/750/6262-DP/10002/-1?parentProductId=764102

Using one of these isn't really in my future plans, but does anybody have any experience with this setup? I was always wondering how they compare to say a dual SU setup or other sidedrafts. I imagine the sidedrafts would stomp a 4-barrel downdraft, but my carburetor experience is lacking.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember a old friend of mine unfortunately don't see anymore had a LZ22 in his 510 using a holley 4 barrel and he swore by it as I guess that motor benefitted from it but if it is atock L16,L18,L20 I would not go with it and just stick with a weber 32/36 dgv

This is what I kind of thought: Maybe good for a Lz22, 23, 24 or something but WAY to big for stock L- series. I never see anyone using these things. I saw it once years ago on dq, another time on ebay and benzo says that his friend had one. I just wonder why they make the things if they are so rarely used.

Wasn't there a 300 Holly 4 bbl? Maybe a 350?

Its a 390, smallest Holley makes. The NASCAR Modifieds here in the NE are required to use them on 355CI small block Chevys. And when they race at NHMS (1 mile oval) they add a restrictor plate on them as well.

Link: Holley 390

That CFM calculator says an LZ23 only needs around 250CFM. Not sure if a 4 barrell really would work well on an L series, but it might look cool on a VG30.