Front Bench Seat in a 510

xvi00

Hi everyone, the concept of a front bench seat in either a 510 sedan or wagon sounds like somthing a little different. Has anyone done such a thing as to replace the two fronts with a bench, or has a car with a front bench? Keen to see what it looks like and does the height of the front bench seem similar to the rear seat in a wagon.

Thanks. Steven Australia. wink.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at going auto, so the floor shift with a manual box won't be an issue. Would it be fare to say, a 68 front bench seat would be an issue to track down ? Are there many out there waitting to be reborn.

hard enough finding nice looking bench seats for just about anything :(

column shift stuff might be tricky to find too. its a cool idea and all but 510's handle fair good and if you had a bench you'd be all over the shop. theyre nice but certainly not supportive

Our very own thatsoon510 (Hector) has a 1968 RHD 510 4-door with a bench front seat. I don't have any good pics but here's some he has that you can tell it's a bench seat.

0716001639.jpg

0716001647a.jpg

2010-03-152010-03-15001005.jpg

He'll be at our end of the month meet on Thursday so I'm sure we can take clear pics to show you guys or you can contact him directly and ask. He doesn't mind showing off his dime.