DN get garage lolz!

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

So I thought we used to have a thread for ratsun work shops, but whatever, mods feel free to move this if you want. Stoked to have some of my own space to get things done. It's far from organized and setup but it'll get there soon. Plus Indy wanted to see my hotwheels so I'll post those too foar teh lolz.

BEFORE

2011-03-02_113805.jpg

2011-03-02_113816.jpg

2011-03-02_113755.jpg

2011-03-02_114411.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

All of it is included with the house, so I have the entire area to work in which is nice. I just know where 4 Z's are and 1 for sure wouldnt take a helluva lot to run. I know the 620 is priority I just miss driving one, that's all.

Guest DatsuNoob

Blue-Velvet_l.jpg

So there's this guy walking up the alley behind the house and past my garage door while me and Dad are bullshittin', comes up and introduces himself. I immediately get the feeling like dude's scopin the place/my shit. I feel like I'm just being paranoid, when then he starts picking up small boxes in my truck bed and looking inside them, asking what they are and shit. Made me uncomfortable, but the more he kept talking the more I thought he may be mentally handicapped/slow/retarded whatever you wanna call it, so I tried to keep patient and friendly in spite of the circumstances. Me and my dad were looking at each other like wtf? and asked what he was up to and what he was all about, just making conversation. He said he was on his way walking to AA, no job/car, court orders, etc. He gives me his name and cell number offering possible help in the future. My dad's an old school stoner so he made a joking remark while we were having our beers like, "well, I guess you cant be smoking any pot or anything hahaha."

He was like, "No, but I can still get down on some crystal though."

My dad said to him, "dont be fucking with that stuff man, that shit'll fuck you ALL up."

I was like, "yeah dude, I'm not down with that shit at ALLLL"

Then he just bailed without a word and continued walking down the alley. I felt like he was eyeballin' the place the whole time, so I immediately started thinking of ways to put the garage on lock. Just seemed like a shady character from the get go. Now I'm sweatin how safe all my things are in the garage. I'm pretty sure I have the garage door to the alley good and secured. I have plans for some steel flatstock over the jamb and frame of the man door, and some old fence posts in the alley I can salvage for window reinforcements once I weld em up. Dad's bringing over a double deadbolt (ext and interior side deadbolt) so nobody could get anything big out if they did get in without breaking the reinforced door frame. Just sucks I have been here such a short time and already gotta worry about sketchy fucks prowlin around my shit. What does a guy do?

Guest DatsuNoob

always nice to have a place to store and work. id take down that non structural wall in the center, its nice to have open space so you can open doors all the way and walk around them without closing them.

Love to, but the janky wall actually IS weight bearing. The cheap old bastard that tried to keep this old shack together must've collected every scrap chunk of bs wood from here to Kentucky trying to patchwork frame it to stay standing in the center.:no: It's truly a structure deserving of a bulldozer, but whatever, it keeps things dry for now :D