Inner: 24mm inside diameter

Outer: 14mm inside diameter

SSS bearings

Inner: 24mm inside diameter

Outer: 14mm inside diameter

Brake pads info

510 and SSS pads are the same

Not pictured

Will have to go back and make more measurements.

The bearingwheel seal is the same.

SSS and drum spindle is 42mm (seal)

Innner and outer bearings are the same

Spindle length is the same @ 105mm

Part numbers:

Koyo 30304A (outer bearing)

Koyo 30206 (inner bearing)

I recently bought a RL411 SSS Wagon for 900.00 in Boise and I want to do some work to it... It needed a new Brake Master Cylinder, rear wheel cylinders and the carbs needed to be synced... I am not one to keep a car stock for the most part because i like to turn heads and i saw potental with this car. I dont plan on going extreme with this like i did with my Lexus IS300 because i bought this to be a summer driver (cheaper on gas then a lifted 01' Superduty with 37" tires.) but the more i see peoples ideas come to life on here and seeing that awesome picture FISCH drew I am creating some of my own. I am thinking of flat black over my already red paint then 1000 grit sanding it so the red comes out around the contours, i do like the side exhaust on his drawing so i might use that but i do want to lower it a little. Tint out the windows as well as convert them to electric, possibly do a rag top, do, not redo the interior, clean up the engine and engine bay, finally blacked out wheels with red accent. maybe some low profiles with redlined side walls. I am curious and this is where the questions come in

1. Is there a way to convert my rear drums into disc?

2. Can i use any VW part on this car? I also have a 66 project bug i am chopping and i noticed that both cars have pretty simple parts.

3. can i mount a 5 speed tranny to the existing r16 motor and will i need to upgrade anything on the motor? I tac out driving to work because i have to go 65-70 for about 12 miles and i know thats not good.

4. what kind of upgrades can i do to get more HP out of my car?

5. Who makes a good set of lowering parts for this car?

Any info or ideas for this car would be appriciated and i hope i am not pissing anyone off w/ the mods i am doing. Anyone can restore a car but to customize it shows someones personality, creativity and imagination.

All new brake components

wheels cylinders

Brake MC

Clutch MC

Brake shoes

Ball joints

So where did you find 411 ball joints? Excuse me you probably mean 410 ball joints but they should fit the 411s also. My RL411 is still running on its original ball joints and I would like to plan ahead for the inevitable day when they give up.

Edited by MikeRL411

[quote name= I am thinking of flat black over my already red paint then 1000 grit sanding it so the red comes out around the contours' date=' i do like the side exhaust on his drawing so i might use that but i do want to lower it a little. Tint out the windows as well as convert them to electric, possibly do a rag top, do, not redo the interior, clean up the engine and engine bay, finally blacked out wheels with red accent. maybe some low profiles with redlined side walls. I am curious and this is where the questions come in

1. Is there a way to convert my rear drums into disc?

2. Can i use any VW part on this car? I also have a 66 project bug i am chopping and i noticed that both cars have pretty simple parts.

3. can i mount a 5 speed tranny to the existing r16 motor and will i need to upgrade anything on the motor? I tac out driving to work because i have to go 65-70 for about 12 miles and i know thats not good.

4. what kind of upgrades can i do to get more HP out of my car?

5. Who makes a good set of lowering parts for this car?

Any info or ideas for this car would be appriciated and i hope i am not pissing anyone off w/ the mods i am doing. Anyone can restore a car but to customize it shows someones personality, creativity and imagination.[/quote]

Het Bisquick....you should start your own thread on this car! Ya see...this is where Ratsun comes in really handy!:D

Youve got folks on here that have restored and folks that have destroyed and folks that have done the "impossible" and folks that leave it just the way they bought it...ALL OF EM ARE WELCOME!!!

You have got a pretty rare car to start with man...I agree with you about the personality that can come through the way you do you car. I think that a lot of the mods you described are pretty low key, subtle...barely noticable changes. The rag-top would be really great for those summer drives, the lowering would be required...(?) right?:cool:...the flat black with red popping through in the corners would be sweet with the rim/tire treatment you are talking about...and the suspension/brake/engine mods (VW parts) wouldn't be too visable to all but the most discerning eye.

Some of these ideas have been hashed out already by 410/411/510/210 owners. You might be able to use some of their hard work already done, to further your own cause. I would recommend doing a search under 411 here and maybe check the 510 page for any possible overlap.

Great ideas take research, time, patience and money...if you run out of the first 3...the last one will always take care of it. If you are already low on the last one than you had better be really good at using the other 3.:)

Oh...and just because no one has said it yet...

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Back to the rotors.......do you have a side shot of the SSS rotor? Have you checked to see if the 280zx rotor will bolt onto the SSS hub??

You still need measurements?

Looks like you've been doing some measuring yourself on that brake setup.

All new brake components

wheels cylinders

Brake MC

Clutch MC

Brake shoes

Ball joints

So where did you find 411 ball joints? Excuse me you probably mean 410 ball joints but they should fit the 411s also. My RL411 is still running on its original ball joints and I would like to plan ahead for the inevitable day when they give up.

you can still get the ball joints

Let me check where I found it.

Thanks, I would really appreciate that. I have been keeping my RL411 running for 41 years and am looking forward to driving it at least another 40!

soldonline-northbay (an eBay seller has 'em). That said, the lower left is unobtainium. :(

You still need measurements?

Looks like you've been doing some measuring yourself on that brake setup.

I think I have what I need measurement wise. You've already posted that the spindles themselves are the same between the disc/drum setups. The only thing that would change from there is the bolt pattern for the bracket.

I was curious about a side shot, wondering how tall the top hat is. Is it tall like the 510 rotor or short like the 280? Of course, if the hole pattern doesn't line up, it doesn't matter :)

soldonline-northbay (an eBay seller has 'em). That said, the lower left is unobtainium. :(

Yeah, that's where I got them from.

Huh, I wonder if I bought 2 of the same side lower joints.:blink:

I went all out on the hydrulic parts, not cheap specially each wheel needs 2 cylinders.