Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats weird, it doesn't seem like it should be coming out of the shifter hole like that. I don't have the clip in mine and nothing comes out (it's definitely full because i just changed it out). Granted I have a different trans than yours, I'm pretty sure this still shouldn't be happening. Are you consistently winding it out to 7k+ when driving around?

Thanks! Went to the junk yard the other day to get te missing shifter lock ring that holds the shifter in. Also ordered a new boot from Nissan just to ensure no fluid escapes. I took out all the carpets and scrubbed them with dawn but they are still oily so now I might just get some new material and make my own off of the template....

Well my shifter never clipped into the shifter hole in the trans. It was annoying but never thought anything about it. After the dyno pulles I drove it home and went to bed woke up the next morning to a puddle coming from my passenger floor right next to the door... (Wtf?) so I open the door and my carpet is completely saturated in gear oil. Come to find out oil starts to burp out the shifter hole when you start to beat on it. Enough mannered to get out to saturate all of my carpets in the car. I took out the seats and cleaned off the metal and going to soak the carpets in warm water and dawn. So now I need to change the oil on the trans and find a KA 5 speed at the junk yard to jack the goodies off the shifter...

wow car sounds sick but man that gear oil ...all summer long ......that sucks to have to smell...the only smell worse then gear oil is burnt gear oil.......so ur lucky, if having the floor saturated in gear oil,  is lucky...that really sux ....but the good news.... your car is bad ass!!!!!x2

• 2 weeks later...

Ya mine looked like there was no way they were going to fit but as soon as the wheels got some weight on them they tucked in nice. I even have my adjustable crossmember all the way maxed out so i have the least amount of camber and I still tuck nicely but I did cut out all the inbred fender and lip.

I got most of the oil out but there is still oil saturated in it... I might use those for a template to make my own. We will see

• Like 1