Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still have a small exhaust leak so as soon as I get a chance I'm going to change out to a log style manifold. Also need to raise my rev limiter to about 7800 to get a little more power. I had everything balanced so just need a little more juice. Also may change out a few things on the turbo

null_zpsa8eea352.jpg

null_zpsbc59101c.jpg

• Like 1

3rd is a weird gear to choose.... pulled this up from the interwebs. you want to do your dyno pull in 4th. The 3rd gear pull will give you a wrong reading for hp/tq because it's not 1:1. When you do a pull, you want to use the gear that is closest to 1:1, which is why el_compa_510 asked and why I'm giving you the info below.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/Transmission

SR Gear Ratios
1st - 3.321
2nd - 1.902
3rd - 1.308
4th - 1.0
5th - .759

• Like 1

3rd is a weird gear to choose.... pulled this up from the interwebs. you want to do your dyno pull in 4th. The 3rd gear pull will give you a wrong reading for hp/tq because it's not 1:1. When you do a pull, you want to use the gear that is closest to 1:1, which is why el_compa_510 asked and why I'm giving you the info below.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/Transmission

SR Gear Ratios

1st - 3.321

2nd - 1.902

3rd - 1.308

4th - 1.0

5th - .759

indeed as far as i known 4th has been direct 1:1 on most of the cars ive ever worked/seen dyno, even when i had my terminator cobra we also did it on 4th hence it was a 6speed 5th and 6th are highway gears, you may get different numbers on a forth gear, but please correct me if im wrong, maybe sr trans are diff, but i also agree that thing sound bitchen and looks that it has power, i wanna ride it also please please please,, lol

Well my shifter never clipped into the shifter hole in the trans. It was annoying but never thought anything about it. After the dyno pulles I drove it home and went to bed woke up the next morning to a puddle coming from my passenger floor right next to the door... (Wtf?) so I open the door and my carpet is completely saturated in gear oil. Come to find out oil starts to burp out the shifter hole when you start to beat on it. Enough mannered to get out to saturate all of my carpets in the car. I took out the seats and cleaned off the metal and going to soak the carpets in warm water and dawn. So now I need to change the oil on the trans and find a KA 5 speed at the junk yard to jack the goodies off the shifter...

Well my shifter never clipped into the shifter hole in the trans. It was annoying but never thought anything about it. After the dyno pulles I drove it home and went to bed woke up the next morning to a puddle coming from my passenger floor right next to the door... (Wtf?) so I open the door and my carpet is completely saturated in gear oil. Come to find out oil starts to burp out the shifter hole when you start to beat on it. Enough mannered to get out to saturate all of my carpets in the car. I took out the seats and cleaned off the metal and going to soak the carpets in warm water and dawn. So now I need to change the oil on the trans and find a KA 5 speed at the junk yard to jack the goodies off the shifter...