Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the Japanese also call it a day two modification because they get the car and on day two they add the stripe.

I think it is more applied to boso cressi's, soarers and skylines tho....

Not saying thats incorrect, but that doesnt even make sense. Maybe something is lost in translation. Here is something I just found after searching your comment... actually on JNC as well haha: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21621

Its hard to just "make up" a design like that. It has to come from somewhere... You cant just call something a Boso Stripe and it happens. 

Not saying thats incorrect, but that doesnt even make sense. Maybe something is lost in translation. Here is something I just found after searching your comment... actually on JNC as well haha: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21621

Its hard to just "make up" a design like that. It has to come from somewhere... You cant just call something a Boso Stripe and it happens.

The place I read it is in the link befor this comment.... Not sure wheat you mean by it doesn't make sense but that is where I read it....

The place I read it is in the link befor this comment.... Not sure wheat you mean by it doesn't make sense but that is where I read it....

No, you make sense; I saw that link. Im saying where they came up with the name and such doesnt make sense. It seems completely random with no back story. Sure ok, on day two you put that stripe... but why? What does it symbolize? Whats it mean? 

Its like calling the tsurikawa a Day Two Handle. One day one you buy your ride. On day two you buy your handle. You add a handle because it shows your a boso because you dont care and youll steal public property. 

Why would you add a stripe?

See what I mean?

Topher what kind of exhaust manifold are you using? Did you have the crack welded our replace with new? Thanks,

It was an XSpower or something like that. I got it welded up and braced but from what I hear even after you do that it will still brake. I'm going to switch to a cast iorn soon. I have a small tick coming from my manifold gasket so when I switch that out ill change to cast iorn and get a new down pipe made

Went over to a friends house too get my SAFC fixed. Also I fixed my waste gate problem. Apparently even tho according to Tials chart I had 1. Bar of spring but the gate wasn't starting to open till 20lb of boost so I just pulled out 1 spring and now it's opening around 11 witch is fine since with the boost control ill be able to double that PSI.

null_zpse78918e7.jpg

• Like 3