Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still gotta get it dyno tunned? im guessing? wich reminds are u using a stock sr ecu?

I have an Emance tune. Johns going to plug it into his computer and make sure all is ok. I have heard ALOT of bad things about Emance so fingers crossed! I'm running 810 injectors so I had to get a new map

good luck, what i did when i stroked and went with a bigger blower on my cobra i was concerned of driving it to the tune shop, so after i tighten everything i towed it straight to the shop, thats what ima do with my dime just to be on the safe side, especially since u have alot of upgraded parts bro... but im cheering for you

• Like 1

After I went with a nistune ecu I took a look at the last tune emance sent and looking at the timing map I would've blown the head straight through the hood... I was living in Maui at the time and would've been real pissed if I scattered my motor....

When is fire up?

Its not the afr's as much as the timing map. The Sr likes a lot of timing off boost and you have to pull it out real fast as the boost comes up. The real trick is getting the timing right in that transitional area and where the experience of the tuner shows.

A load dyno with good knock detection is the only way to tune IMHO.

Josh-

Its not the afr's as much as the timing map. The Sr likes a lot of timing off boost and you have to pull it out real fast as the boost comes up. The real trick is getting the timing right in that transitional area and where the experience of the tuner shows.

A load dyno with good knock detection is the only way to tune IMHO.

Josh-

Once I put on about 500-800 miles on the motor I'm going to get it dyno tuned. I already have a guy lined up that is someone I highly trust with my car.

Man, John is bad ass when it comes down to the wiring. He knows wxcatly what hes doing. You know it is in good hands, can't wait to see it running. Maybe the OC meet

When's the OC meet? I don't know if I want to take the car on the freeway simply because I want to have as much RPM changes as possible for the first 5-800 miles. But I would totally be down to take side streets all the way to the OC haha

I don't have specific experience with the SR but that sounds like most motors. I wasn't advocating driving it hard or anything, i was talking about driving it to get it properly tuned. I just spent some time  with a base map on my haltech and did some datalogging then adjusted it enough to drive it off boost to the dyno. That's not saying much since the dyno i use is only 5 miles away :)

I agree with you on the knock box. You NEED to have one if you're going to tune the ignition because that's how you get all your torque.

This is my brake in prosses what do you guys think?

run normal 10w30 for the first start up till the motor gets warm then let it cool down fully. Once its cooled down put normal 10w30 for the next 150 miles. at 150 do another oil change but this time I'm going to put 15w50 full synthetic mobile one. Then drive it for 500 miles and another oil change. then drive to 1000 and another oil change then dyno tune and done