Topher's 72 SR 510

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna do this, aluminum heat shield w/ gold foil and a turbo blanket and that should prevent my MC and reservoirs from getting 2 hot

E2AD773E-C811-413A-B7D3-2275CB89DAAC-429

Where are you going to relocate the reservoirs to? What kit is this and what Diameter is the Master?? 

And I still have plenty of Gold DEI foil to do a Heat Shield too. Had this planned after I get MY exhaust.  :D

If at any point you yank the downpipe off again, might I suggest a proper ceramic coating? Not cheap, I know, but having it coated both inside and out, along with your heat wrap will make a world of difference - could also save the seals in your master.

Exhaust and carpet look great, though! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought for you. Troy Ermish has the master cylinders with the bleed screw on the clutch master side. Tilton makes a metal reservoir that you would have to tap your new master in order to use them. I thought about this at one point but did not pursue it. Personally I want to run the tilton pedal assembly at some point to remove all heat issues that we will encounter. Good luck and great build 

Trying to figure out where to put the oil filter

0E3F40D1-34CF-4713-B099-8F58223C61CB-151

Mount it vertical. You'll thank me every time you change the filter and don't make a mess. FWIW mount as low as you can and still get at it. Every bit helps to lower the center of gravity.

• Like 1

Nice seats I got the gts 2 in my truck.good looking build,and Redlands your not that far away from me.

• Like 1

Even if you could sell it for what you want, it would be hard to find something that will make you as happy. No smogs. Looks from people all the time. Old men in porsches telling you about how they used to have one and wish they never sold it. 300+hp in a 2000lb car.

Thats a lot of shit thats hard to find without building another one by yourself. If you sold it, you'd probably always regret it. I think i would... i sold a 2 door and a 4 door a long time ago, both with l20bs and mikuni side drafts... wish i never did :)

• Like 2