Zeusimo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Octoberish??

Also metalmonkey47 Is Spectra Premium Just Another Name For Autozone? :huh:

Spectre isn't an Autozone brand part, if that's what you're asking.

It's just a cheap ass brand that Autozone stocks because it's cheap to stock and sell, and all the little ricers can use the crap.

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#HOME

I won't EVER run a spectre part on my car. But that's just me.

Most Autozones stock at least 1 Holley fuel pump in the back for about $60-80. Cheap considering what you're getting, and a true name brand part. I'll see if I can get you a P/N for it tomorrow.

I Just Read This:

http://www.racetep.c...rk.html#webfuel

Facet Fuel Pump: This is one of those little square pumps with the transistor mounted on top that make a ticking noise all the time. These pumps are TERRIBLE. No volume and High Pressure. These pumps have been sold for many years with Weber and Mikuni conversions and have cause many people alot of tuning problems. They are a pulse type pump that delivers almost no volume (usually less than the stock mechanical pump did) and usually at High Pressure. This cause FLOODING at IDLE and lean out conditions under high load. Do not use them....

That Is Exactly What I Have <_<

A stock Nissan mechanical fuel pump is what I would do. Mechanical pumps pump more fuel as the engine rpm rises, exactly what the carburettor needs. Mechanical pumps do not force the fuel in the carb, they have a spring that applies pressure the needle and seat in the carb, but do not overpower it.

Get a stock mechanical pump!!!! This is what Nissan uses! It's made for this! I've driven hundreds of thousands of miles with L motors and have never had or even seen a failed one. They never blow a fuse and they don't burn out. They also shut off with the motor in an accident instead of pumping fuel out while you are unconscious. Keep it simple.