my poor truck

Sssuuuccckkk! Sorry man. You takin pictures of this "work" there doing? You seem very calm compared to what some people would do. Maybe its time for a lawyer(if you tell them that they wont do another thing the shop or insurance) and have him keep an eye on things. It would cost you but it sounds like its getting out of control. I have a problem about my temper and would have bought them a drink with a rag in it by now

Do you have the old managers name? Sounds like hes bitter maybe he has something to say, good luck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to them today they said the old manager is on sick leave.... I haven't taken any picks but I should, I guess I forget too while I'm so angry at myself for bringing my truck to this place it's gon on way to long I'm calling lawyer friend tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do... Venting on ratsun helps thx guys

My dumbass thought it would be a good place based on the cars they fixed Aston Martin Ferrari, skyline, lotus, lambo,

Owner called me and said he never authorized the rental car I have never was told about the damage that happened in their lot and the them having to pay the deductable and based on that the old manager doesn't work there anymore and my truck will be better than when we brought it in and I'll get it next wed and my insurance adjuster fed me a bunch of crap when I called her... She was going on vacation.....

Well I'm on my way home

In the rental car.......

They couldn't get it alligned because it has 22s so that put them behind then they can't get my seat off.. And it's still dirty chrome bumper still had the scratches from the accident new tailgate was a used tailgate gonna get a list going of stuff to look at tomorrow

a34408dd.jpg

37f98e91.jpg

c7425cce.jpg

Bunch of stuff wrong Fisheyes in paint, exhaust is hitting the shocks and is hitting the bed when I get on it, doors hit when I hit a bump, drivers side of truck was sprayed with rocks in there gravel lot, not buffed because the buffer guy went home sick, body lines don't match between cab and box, door jams not buffed after being sanded bed wiggles when I hit a bump , primer overspray on door and the rubber seal, roll pan fit is off and I had put 100 in gas before I dropped it off got in it and barely had enough to get to gas station

• 3 weeks later...

This advice from a BMW mailing list.

Yes you can generally claim diminished value to a vehicle for significant damage. You can only do this as a third party claim, meaning through the other person's insurance company as most policies will not allow this type of claim on your own insurance.

Each company may have a different protocol so I suggest asking them if they have specific guidelines.

Generally you would need to wait until repairs are completed and then take the vehicle with a copy of the repair invoice to an appraiser or someone at a dealership who can evaluate values of used cars.

There is generally a minimum threshold of damage that must be reached in the repairs in order to consider diminished value. If you are talking a few grand for a rear bumper, chances are the repairs will actually not diminish the car's value much if at all.

Also if the shop does a good job on the repairs, it will not diminish the resale value much.

I have seen successful diminished value claims for heavy damage, usually involving the frame, engine compartment, or electrical system.

I am not familiar with anyone in particular who does these types of appraisals and I would be wary of anyone who "specializes" in it because it is not very common. My best suggestion would be to contact a used sales manager at a trusted BMW dealer for an "appraisal".

Hope that helps.

You have the right to take it back and have them work on it until you are satisfied. I had the same issue with a body shop, I had to go back 4 times and even then it was barely done right. Take it back, point out all the issues and tell them to FIX IT!

You also need to be in contact with your insurance company. It is your right to have your vehicle put back to exactly the way it was before. If they cannot repair it as such, the insurance company must compensate you for the vehicle. This happened all the time at the shit body shop down the street, they would get paid top dollar to fix a car, and it would be all superficially nice, but always had driveability issues and general unsafe feeling when driving down the road...insurance companies quit paying claims to thos shop after so many rigs were done sub par. Complain often, complain loud but politely until you need to be a dick about it, because aren't theyjohnny on the spot if you miss a premium? Hold these people to the same level they hold you.

Truck has been at the shop for 2 weeks while I am in a rental there painting the drivers side an rhino lining the bed and fixing everything on the 2 page list I gave them owner is calling me every week to update me.

if all that stuff was wrong, WHY did you drive off with the turck? NEVER leave if the work is not done right.

I took it home to overlook everything. I wouldnt of seen half the stuff without having the couple days and more eyes looking it over

O crap just noticed the frame is 1/2 lower on drIvers side when installing the hitch f me this is stupid ther is 1/2 spacer between the frame and bed just too lvl it out no spacer on pass side omfg this blows