bagged 620 KC

RB_Shaggs

well yesterday i was bored so i started tearing up the single cab i bought to take all the sheetmetal off for my king cab. i know what everyone is going to think why tear down a perfectly good truck? but i can't roll a single cab comfortably and i think king cabs look nicer, and you can see the work the body of my truck needed in the begining of the post.

before

after

0319071734b_thumb.jpg

0319071734c_thumb.jpg

0319071734d_thumb.jpg

0320071956_thumb.jpg

0320071956a_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no i am putting all the body panels of my KC on the blue truck and selling it. If i can get the body panels and bed swapped and my damn new carb to run right and swap the rear ends so i can have the 4:11 gears :) then i am going to go to GG.. crossing my fingers..

That tailgate just has sheet metal over the DATSUN and the plate bucket is just hangin in there. The truck was for sale in Renton a few months back, he also had a parts truck that went with it with a bed full of parts...shaggs what happen to the other truck. When I talked with the guy I had the impression that it was a package deal?? it was a clean little truck, engine was sucking oil bad...cool exhaust ok interior...I offer him $500 bills and he said no, so I hope you got a screamin deal on it...good buy,,,

i got the parts truck too i got them both for a good deal.. i needed a running motor for the other single cab i have (thats right 4 trucks) and the body was clean on the blue one so i said okay.. the parts truck has basically no floor boards so the motor out of the parts truck goes in my other one, my buddy who bought the "general" might get the top to fix the crush. and the guy who sold the "general" got a KC and the bed on the parts truck is actually fairly clean so he is buying it.. as for the tailgate i am going to buy a full skin soon so not to worried i was just amazed how clean the bedsides and bed floor were.. among some of the parts i got was 1 complete L16 needs a rebuild, another L16 head, like 5 valve covers (including 3 that say datsun instead of nissian), a couple heater cores, and other mis. pieces. but the nice part was i got a brand new master cylinder, a peanut head, and a side draft manifold. plus i like the header on the blue truck more then the other one i got and it has 4:11 gears.. so i made out pretty good especially cause someone wants to buy the blue truck for what i payed for all of it After i swap the body panels :D

i think my SU mani is a hiatachi are those worth anything?? i don't have the carbs and i wanna run mikunis later anyway, so if someone wants the manifold let me know.. i have a lot of other parts like heater cores, gauges ect. i need to off them so let me know..

• 3 weeks later...

well i finally got some work done the front end is swapped over now i gotta do the bed.. got most of the bed bolts off then the sky decided to piss on me, then on sun. i was worried about it raining so didn't even try to work on it and of course it didn't rain all well.. here are some pics..

datsun front 1_thumb.jpg

datsun front 2_thumb.jpg

datsun front 3_thumb.jpg

datsun front 4_thumb.jpg

datsun front 5_thumb.jpg

well i got my bed off this weekend and found that my U-bolts were making nice indentaions in my frame :mad: .. so i decided why rush putting it together i am just going to get a notch.. then shane (datsun) inquired about my straight valance wiper cowl and solid chrome bumper, so i told him pick me up a notch and you can have it hopefully i get the notch soon i miss my truck :( but luckily i put together one of my standard cab parts trucks to drive just gotta finish fixing the wiring..

well i got my bed off this weekend and found that my U-bolts were making nice indentaions in my frame :mad:

Mine is doing the same thing, I figure by hitting the frame I'm slowing building notches :D

• 2 weeks later...

well with my wedding in july it won't be bagged by drop zone the future wife made the $2500 wedding into a $5000+ wedding so my truck got put on hold but i will have it together and notched by dropzone just to tear it back down and bead blast the whole thing this winter to get everything finished...

well with my wedding in july it won't be bagged by drop zone the future wife made the $2500 wedding into a $5000+ wedding so my truck got put on hold but i will have it together and notched by dropzone just to tear it back down and bead blast the whole thing this winter to get everything finished...

Ouch, those damn wifes will do that. I can see it now, your going to end up like my buddy Joe. He got married, had kids, and didnt get to build the truck he wanted till he was almost 50 :eek: , but did make a big upgrade from a mini to a bagged fullsize on 24's.